It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2001, 04:19 PM   #1

GEMM HB User
Are any of you like this?

Please dont take my post the wrong way. It is not a brag or anything like that. Im wondering how is it that I get pregnant so easy? We are always open to more children so being pregnant wasnt a bad thing at all, but we didnt exactly plan for the kids we will have, but are SO HAPPY!

In Oct 98 my dh and decided that we wouldnt have unprotected sex just once and it was the day after my period. We actually didnt have sex after that for about 20 days or so because I was feeling so bad. I was feeling bad because I had gotten pregnant that one night after my period.

So this time..Oct 01 I am on my period and we have unprotected sex. No sex again for a month because I was feeling pretty bad. I was pregnant!!!! How can this even be? Would I be ovulating more times than once a month? Like say every week?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2001, 04:29 PM   #2
Inactive

whitewolf95 HB User
Re: Are any of you like this?

Well it can happen that some women ovulate more than others but not often.
Now what could be happening is your hubby has long living sperm. Many people dont figure they live that long...when actually they can survive inside the woman for up to seven days. There was a report(saw it somewhere) in which there are some men who have "super" sperm that live up to ten days inside the woman.
Or it could be you are just ovulating early in your cycle(within days of your period).
This is why teens find themselves facing unplanned pregnancies is because they believe the myth that you cant get pregnant during your period and such. Yeah I said myth...granted your chances of pregnancy are slimmer during one's period but there is still a chance. That is why there is a saying there is NO Safe time for unprotected sex.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2001, 10:21 PM   #3

maggie113 HB User

I have the same "problem" as you do! Only we have used bc and still got pregnant. We had Maddie in '99, Charlie in '00(14 1/2 mos later) and having gotten off the depo, dh was using condoms and got pregnant w/#3, EDD 4/29/02. I do ovulate 2x a month, been verified by my ob so do the rest of the women in my family. We even marry men w/low sperm counts and still get pg!

Old 01-02-2002, 07:51 AM   #4
Inactive

hillarynotclinton HB User

I get preggers if I look at a guy! lol just kidding. But with my husband (we are newly married) I got preggers the first time we had sex! Got pregnant with my daughter very quickly as well. My mom says it runs in the family, it seems to be the same way for her, her mother, etc...

Old 01-03-2002, 06:44 PM   #5
(female)

molly1 HB User

How many days does your period last? If it lasts 6 days, then you have sex the day after (day 7), then you add 5 to 7 days to that (the possible life of the sperm)you get day 12 - 14 of your cycle, and that's usually when women ovulate given they have a normal 28 day cycle. Do you have shorter than average cycles? Maybe your husband does have super-sperm! Just think of yourself as lucky.

------------------
Molly H

Closed Thread