It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2001, 11:23 PM   #1

fingerscrossed HB User
Is it possible that I am pregnant?

Im a new member...and anxious to be pregnant :-).
Im prob being a bit premature, but my lmp was Dec 13 (which was a week late, which was unusual) and I ovulated yesterday (had intercourse 2 days ago and yesterdaY) and now..today I have tender and swollen bbs and lower back pain which I usually get 4-5 days before my period and it doesnt start again until Jan 11. could this be part of my ovulation? or could I be showing signs of pregnancy early?
Any thoughts would be helpful and any support is appreciated...thank you.
fingerscrossed and hoping

Old 12-30-2001, 10:19 AM   #2
Inactive

whitewolf95 HB User
Re: Is it possible that I am pregnant?

It is highly unlikely that you are showing signs of being pregnant if you conceived yesterday.
Now if you conceived before your LMP (which you said was late) then yeah you could be showing signs. Did you happen to take a pregnancy test when you were late??? OR see your doctor for a blood test. The reason I say this is becuase there are cases of women who will have bleeding like their period and not think they are pregnant. My sister-in-law's family is like that...her own mom didnt know she was pregnant until she was about 5 to 6 months because she kept having what seemed like regular periods. Might just have to wait it out and see what happens.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2001, 11:24 AM   #3

fingerscrossed HB User

Whitewolf,
Thanks for your response.
yes, I did take a pregnancy test when I was about 4 days late and it was negative.
I failed to mention that my husband and I had intercourse a week before I was scheduled to ovulate. Im wondering if since my cycle seems to be out of control if I could have possibly conceived then...who knows. I will just have to wait and see I guess.
By the way I woke up this morning with some mild cramping. I'll prob end up getting my period really early this time...haha.
Thanks again!

Old 12-30-2001, 03:20 PM   #4
Inactive

whitewolf95 HB User

Well if your cycles are becoming irratic it could make it harder to get pregnant or at least harder to know when you are ovulating.
From what I have learned and what various doctors taught me was this. With a regular 28 day cycle ther fertile time varies around day 14. It doesnt always happen on day 14 so my last doctor(the one that helped the most) told me that days 12 through 20 were the best times for conceiving. But that was with a 28 day cycle.
You can start charting your cycles so that you can see what is going on with it.
Here is a site that helped me understand alot. YOu can go to Wal-Mart or such and get a Basal Body Thermometer. It reguires a bit of work but it does help. Also with the charts if you havent been able to get pregnant in a year's time then you can show them to your doctor. He/she will be able to have a head start on some of the work. If it is needed.
<A HREF="http://www.fertilityplus.org" TARGET=_blank>www.fertilityplus.org</A>

Closed Thread