It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2002, 08:48 AM   #1

mars HB User
Ectopic Pregnancy?

Hiya! Does anyone have any information about ectopic pregnancies? I missed my period (I'm about a week late) and I (potentially) could be pregnant. I've been getting cramps and I feel inflamed inside, but I don't have any usual signs that my period is coming. I've done a home pregnancy test and it came out negative. I went to the doctor and he took a urine pregnancy test and it came out negative. He said that it's most likely a bladder infection. But I still don't have my period.

Doesn't anyone know if an ectopic pregnancy would show up on a urine test? And do you have ideas of symptoms of an ectopic pregnancy? I just want to be sure that's not it.

Old 01-18-2002, 11:39 AM   #2

tinamhb HB User
Re: Ectopic Pregnancy?

An ectopic can show up in a urine test, but the HCG that the hpt looks for is usually slow to rise with an ectopic pregnancy. Do you have any other symptoms, such as extreme nausea, vomiting, tender breasts...etc. I have had 2 ectopic pregnancies and they are terribly hard on you emotionally, physically, and mentally. I hope for your sake that you are just late, or that it is a viable pregnancy. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2002, 07:29 PM   #3

redd123 HB User
Re: Ectopic Pregnancy?

I had ectopic pregnancy in the ovary, not tubes. I tested positive and thought everything was fine. Started spotting at about 5 or 6 wks, then bleeding heavy. Thought I miscarried but hcg tests showed positive but the numbers were low and kept dropping. Had blood tests done daily for the next couple of weeks along with several ultrasounds. Eventually had surgery to look at enlarged mass on ovary, and found out it had started to rupture and biopsy showed that it was an ectopic pregnancy. This was around week 9 I think. It's been 11 years ago so my memory is not the clearest on weeks.

Closed Thread