It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2003, 09:22 AM   #1

oopsyhere HB User
Worried!!! Advice please!

This morning when I went to the bathroom I was spotting!!! It was enough to make TP red on one wipe. Is this normal? I am between four and six weeks... I am really worried for the baby and my doctor is not back until Monday! I know that if I am or did MC there is nothing that can be done... but is the spotting normal or did I mc? I am so worried and hubby will be out of his mind when I tell him, he's out feeding the cattle right now and will be in soon!
Please help me!
Jaimie

Old 02-15-2003, 09:42 AM   #2
Inactive

siren24 HB User
Re: Worried!!! Advice please!

I know this is easier said than done, but calm down. Just watch closely for more blood. Sometimes you can have implantation bleeding at that stage in pregnancy from the embryo latching on to the uterine lining, which is no big deal. If you have any cramping like a period or abdominal pain, go to the ER, or if bleeding gets heavier. I think if you continue to spot lightly, you'll want to call the doc in a couple of days, but alot of women spot a little during pregnancy. If you'd feel better calling the doc, the message takers could get someone, a nurse or a partner OB to call you back.<p>[This message has been edited by siren24 (edited 02-15-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2003, 09:47 AM   #3
Inactive

siren24 HB User

oh, and if you had miscarried already, you'd probably know it. You'd have lots of bright red bleeding and some pain probably.

Old 02-15-2003, 09:58 AM   #4

oopsyhere HB User

I called and a nurse told me maybe it is a bladder infection, but I don't think so. I am having a little bleeding... it is bright red, but no pain.

Old 02-15-2003, 12:24 PM   #5
Inactive

siren24 HB User

just take it easy. you may want to lay or sit around for a while just in case and make sure you aren't too active. my prayers are with you!

Old 02-15-2003, 12:44 PM   #6

redd123 HB User

It is sometimes normal to spot during the early weeks. It is also common to spot if the pregnancy is ectopic and then more bleeding in the days to follow. Try to relax and rest until you can be examined by your doctor. If the bleeding gets heavier go to the ER. Ectopic pregnancies can rupture the tube or ovary. I know you are worried as I can relate. Just rest and keep good thoughts. My best, Donna

Old 02-15-2003, 01:35 PM   #7
Inactive

Eeyore II HB User

Im surprised that your doctor didnt tell you to go ahead and come in to the office. Chances are that its nothing. I had it alot in the first 2 months well I guess not really alot but enough to make me worry. I went to the doc. and in the end it was all normal and ok. just rest and if it gets worse and or alot of cramping then go to the ER. but dont stress out you will be fine.

------------------
EDD-AUGUST 15
WISHIN FOR A BABY GIRL

Old 02-15-2003, 02:26 PM   #8

oopsyhere HB User

Well, I am still bleeding. It is like the begining of AF so I think I may have MC. I cried and told hubby, we talked about it and decided what we will do if I did or didn't. I am taking it easy today, just watching TV and doing some baking. I really should be studying, but can't keep my mind on it enough. I am alright with everything, even if I did MC(as well as I can be about it anyway), I will just go on with my weight loss program like before I found out I was preg. Then in a year or so we will ttc.(this one wasn't a planned preg) As long as I have my DH by my side I can make it through all this. I have an apt with my doctor on Monday morning... she said I could go into the ER though if I get really worried about it or if the bleeding gets really bad, but if I did MC really I know there is nothing they or I can do. Thank you all for your support and I'll let you know how it all progresses. I just don't think this much bleeding is normal. Like I said it looks like the beginning of my period, is bright red, and there are a few small clots... so I am pretty sure it is a MC. Everything happens for a reason and if I did MC I guess God just wanted to keep this little angel close to him for a while.

Jaimie

Old 02-15-2003, 02:42 PM   #9

faith999 HB User

I am so sorry that this is happening to you. I wish you all the best and hope that everything is alright. In the meantime relax and cuddle up with you hubby.
Prays for you.

Old 02-15-2003, 02:55 PM   #10
Inactive

siren24 HB User

I'm sorry you're having to go through this. I pray that everything will be fine. Let us know how everything goes. The women on this board are a great support network, and there are many of them who have been there, some several times. It's good that you have made peace with it either way and that you have a good DH. That will make all the difference in the world if something does go wrong.

Old 02-15-2003, 10:02 PM   #11
(female)

maglib HB User

Jaime,
I hope that you are okay. I went through it 4 times and it is very hard. I did bleed lightly with this baby in the beginning and it was due to a torn placenta which healed by itself but, I was put on strict bed rest for 1 month and modified bed rest for 2 months. Take it easy and let us know. There is no reason for you to wait and see. Go to the hospital ER and get the ultrasound. I went to the hospital ER with each of my m/c's (2 against what my ob said)and the torn placenta and it was covered by my HMO.

Thankfully I went with the torn placenta against my ob's advice who had said there was nothing that I could do. I would have had a m/c if I wasn't put on immediate bed rest so I would definitely tell you to go to the ER.

I wish you and dh the best. Please let us know how you are doing.

Old 02-16-2003, 12:55 PM   #12

fntsyangel HB User

What maglib is talking about is called a subchoriac hemorrhage - blood behind the placenta from either a tear in the placenta or a small abruption (placenta pulling away from uterine wall). Alot of women experience this and go on to have a healthy pregnancy. Occasionally it does lead to m/c.

You can go to the ER and have an ultrasound to check for m/c, subchoriac hemorrhage, and tubal. I strongly suggest this if you begin to feel pain. Otherwise, you are doing what you can.

Good luck and best wishes.

------------------
Angel, et al

Old 02-16-2003, 03:51 PM   #13

oopsyhere HB User

Still bleeding today. It is exactly like my AF normally is. I know some women have AF during early pregnancy, but I thought 6 weeks I wouldn't anymore. It is acctually the right time for it to show up though. I am going to doc in the morning so will know for certain what is going on then(I hope). At anyrate I don't hold out much hope that they will find a lil one in there anymore. It is sad but I have finally come completely to terms with the fact that I probably MCd. I know it holds no baring on my ability to conseve in the future. It has been one h*ll of a ride ever since I found out! First the -urine test at the doctor's followed by a + blood test... and now this!?!?! It is no wonder EVERYTHING is making me cry! I am very moody, my breasts are still a little tender, and I am very tired. I know it is probably from the added stress of all of this, it is almost too much! Thank you all for your help and advice... and encouragement! Perhaps everything is alright in there, but I would rather be surprised than hold on to the thought that it is then be crushed when it isn't. I will post tommorrow when I get back from the doctor and let you all know what is really going on... aren't our bodies just horrible to us sometimes?!?!

Wishing all of you the best!
Jaimie

Old 02-17-2003, 07:52 AM   #14

Epiphany HB User

Oh Jaimie, many many hugs to you and your hubby. I hope everything works out... Please let us know how the appt goes. No matter what happens we are here for you.

Old 02-20-2003, 04:17 PM   #15

redd123 HB User

Just wondering how you are and what's the latest on your condition?

Closed Thread