It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2002, 02:32 PM   #1

Shaneo HB User
help, from a pro would be nice

Hey, I was wondering whats the odds, of a girl getting pregnant from pre-***. You know, when you don't ejaculate, but something may have come out because of unprotected sex. I understand it takes one strong swimmer, so please try not to lecture me about safe sex and what not. I am just curious if its a great chance she will get pregnant considering half the time we used protection, and the other half, we didn't-but I pulled out in well before I needed too. I also know from health class that a lot of sperm get lost or die off as they find there way to the egg, so thats also a factor I am considering.

I just want to know about pre-***/the odds of pregnancy from it. Just that, thank you.

Old 03-04-2002, 02:49 PM   #2

Molly M HB User
Re: help, from a pro would be nice

I am not an expert, but I know that the odds are slim. I looked up some information of that very subject because I wanted to know the odds too, and I don't remember exactly what it was, but I think it was something like less than 5%. Don't quote me on that, cause I'm not sure. Look it up and I'm sure you will find some statistics.

------------------
Molly H.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-04-2002, 03:11 PM   #3

Shaneo HB User

Thanks molly, thats all I wanted to know. I will take your word for it. And as much as I enjoy not using a condom, I plan on using one all the time or until she gets on the pill.

I just got tired of going to boards and asking sex questions and then they tell me, "You shouldn't be having sex if you don't know the consequences".
To me, thats just like saying, well, if you fear getting killed by a drunk driver, then don't drive.

Any other opinions would be nice, but I think she summed it up.

Old 03-04-2002, 03:22 PM   #4

Shaneo HB User

One other thing:

I don't know if this helps out much. But I understand that after a period a girl is fertile. She was done with her period tuesday and we had sex the following sunday, so we did wait a few days.

Old 03-04-2002, 03:25 PM   #5

AngeliqueM HB User

Well, I'm not a pro either, well not yet at least lol, but I can tell you that I usually always used protection, except for maybe once or twice, and he always pulled out, well I got pregnant, so it can happen.

Sperm is more potent in the morning hours, and more potent if you wait a few days instead of having sex every day. Also, pre *** can be more stronger then ejaculation.

Hope this helps
Angie

Old 03-04-2002, 03:27 PM   #6

oyakusheva HB User

Hi,

I looked it up, the lowest theoretically predicted pregnancy rate for this method is 16%, and the typically observed is 23%. Pretty high, ha?<p>[This message has been edited by moderator3 (edited 03-04-2002).]

Old 03-04-2002, 03:51 PM   #7
Inactive

whitewolf95 HB User

Shaneo,apparently you didnt pay real close attention in health class if you think she can get pregnant right after her period. You waiting a few days actually put her at a higher risk for pregnancy. Though I have to say that no time is good for unprotected sex if you are wanting to avoid pregnancy that is. You see ovulation can vary with every cycle by a day ro a couple of days. If she ahs irregular periods then there is no telling for sure when or if she is ovulating.
You see sperm lives on average three days but can live up to seven days. The fertile time for most women with normal regular cycles tends to be between days 12 and 20 of a cycle. The way a cycleis figured is start counting on the first day of her period and go forward until her next period starts. When you come to days 12 through 20 is when she will be most fertile and hence higher risk for pregnancy.
Pre-*** can be very potent and like the last poster noted the correct chances by using the pull out method as protection are pretty high. A lot higher than 5%...not knocking Molly's info becuase in some cases the chances are that slim but the last post is actually more correct.
So wait for her next period and hopefully it will come on time and be the same as usual. If not then have her take a pregnancy test.<p>[This message has been edited by whitewolf95 (edited 03-04-2002).]

Old 03-04-2002, 10:08 PM   #8

Molly M HB User

I just read that the "withdrawl method" of birth control is between 84% and 96% effective (96% using the withdrawl method perfectly). I guess I was taking the statistic of a perfect situation before (5%). Sorry. Condoms are between 86% and 98% effective. Not much of a difference. Even the pill is only 95%-99% effective. Anyway, the point is that she can still get pregnant, but the odds are in your favor.

------------------
Molly H.

Old 03-04-2002, 10:10 PM   #9

Shaneo HB User

I don't know too much about aunt flow, but I know that she better come on time this time. Because being 19, I do not need a kid right now, or until I get out of college. I know I have two heads and sometimes I fail to use the wrong one. I hope all goes well. Thanks for the info you all.

Old 03-04-2002, 10:11 PM   #10

Shaneo HB User

I don't know too much about aunt flow, but I know that she better come on time this time. Because being 19, I do not need a kid right now, or until I get out of college. I know I have two heads and sometimes I fail to use the wrong one. I hope all goes well. Thanks for the info you all.

Old 03-05-2002, 06:48 PM   #11
Inactive

Shaelle HB User

I don't mean to lecture you but, you just said that you do not want a kid right now. The way I see it...If you're adult enough for sex, then your adult enough for a kid. If you don't want a kid, need to seriously use a condom, every time. Even if she says she is on birth control, if you don't want a kid you need to take on that responsibility yourself. Just ask my husband. A one night stand 8 1/2 years ago. He's 32 and still has 10 more years to pay child support. It makes him mad every time he thinks about it...."She lied to me, she said she was on the pill!" He says it every time, and I say, "Did you ask her if she was taking it correctly?"

I can't stress it more, women can do some evil things, If you seriously don't want an accident, use a condom every time, no matter what. Otherwise you'd better be prepared incase that day comes when she tells you she's pregnant.

Sorry to lecture, but I worry about young men at your age. I hate to see this happen, but it does. Good Luck!

Old 03-05-2002, 09:01 PM   #12

Shaneo HB User

Thank you all for information. No matter what I do now or say will not change anything, so I will patiently wait. Although, she acts normal and truthfully says nothing seems different.

Closed Thread