It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2003, 03:00 PM   #1
Inactive

siren24 HB User
Horrible......

Heartburn! I've never had heartburn before. I thought there was something wrong with my lungs because of the pressure and pain in my chest. My husband actually diagnosed the heartburn (which he's had before) after a couple of my nasty burps. I went to a party/bbq last night and had my usual mustard and onion loaded burger. It kept me up half the night. I barely slept, and it's still bothering me. The doc recommended Tums, which is only providing EXTREMELY temporary relief. I need a nap, but it gets worse when I lie down. My question: besides the obvious spicy foods (mustard and onion) what others are common heartburn triggers so I can avoid them? I'm miserable. Also, any one know any other remedies?

Old 02-16-2003, 06:34 PM   #2

dinhtran HB User
Re: HORRIBLE......

I am sorry you are feeling so bad believe me, I know how you feel! There are no real remedies for me. I just dealt with it b/c of my m/s I couldn't even take Tums or Pepsid over the counter. The dx can prescribe Zantac and Pepsid but it depends on your dx. It works for some people and doesn't for others. No, carbonated drinks,sour candy,apple citrus fruits,greasy foods,chili,beans,tomato sauce, and some others that I can't think of.

How far along are you? I still have indigestion real bad like when I burp sour food comes right back up(sorry). I imagine it will only get better when I am not prego anymore.

Hope you feel better,

Serena

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2003, 08:06 PM   #3
Inactive

Autumn Angel HB User

Tuna!!! when I was pregnant it was tuna ugh. I loved it but it killed me. What the other poster suggested is great too the pepcid you can use as prevention too if you take it before you eat. And heartburn is always worse when you lay down try proping up a bit on a few pillows. And a glass of milk will coat your stomach too. Take care.

------------------
Cheers...Autumn
Female...42
TMJD...12 years
Anxiety/Panic Attacks (cured I hope)
Total Abdominal Hysterectomy due to endometrial bleeding after miscarriage (2002)
Hernia Repair(1998)
Apendectomy (infected) 1988
21 year old daughter born with Mullerian Aplasia
18 year old daughter bulimia survivor.
If I can help ANYONE with anything from a papercut to a life threatening illness, I will do my best just to be a friend. " A friend is someone who knows all your faults and loves you anyway".

Old 02-16-2003, 09:37 PM   #4
Inactive

siren24 HB User

hey and thanks for the advice. I'm 19 weeks yesterday, and this just hit me all the sudden. I can tell that I'm getting to the point where my stomach is getting compacted (because I can't eat much at one sitting) so maybe that's why I got it all the sudden. I'll ask the doc about pepcid next time. Thanks.

Closed Thread