It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2002, 11:49 AM   #1
Inactive

Tuaca64 HB User
In my mid 30's, never been preg, could I be now??

Hi,
I'm going to be 38 in August. I've never been preg and have never taken birth control pills. The only type of birth control I used years ago was the Sponge, and that was only for a couple of months. I was seeing my gynecologist regularly and I told him the same thing, and he said, I was normal. And, if I was really concerned, he suggested and extensive test to really find out, but it would cost a pretty penny.
My period is regular every month and it last for about three to four days. As years went on, sometimes I would think, maybe I can't have kids, or maybe God doesn't think it's the right time for me yet. I use to think I was pretty lucky in my young years, but now I'm in my 30's and getting very concerned. My boyfriend and I have been together for a little more than a year, my period would come every month like clock work. In the last few months I didn't bother to keep track of my period. I know I had my period last month, but not sure if it was at the beginning or mid month. In the last month and a half I have been going through a lot of stress and depression and my weight has been fluctuating up and down. In the last two and a half weeks my weight has gone up and my breast has been sore, especially my nipples, I had some real bad cramps about two weeks ago after my boyfriend and I had sex. But, I've experienced that before, and also the stress part, where it delayed my period. Now it's going on three weeks, give or take, and I still haven't started, and I still have the same symptoms. I may give it a couple more days, and then I'll go out and buy the E.P.T. test.
DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY ADVISE OR SUGGESTIONS ON MY SITUATION?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2002, 05:34 AM   #2

Lori A HB User
Re: In my mid 30's, never been preg, could I be now??

Hi there
Yes there is a chance of pregnancy in your mid 30's. you best bet is to wait until your period is late and then take a hpt. I have 2 aunts that started having children in their late 30's- early 40's. Good luck with the test and keep us posted
Lori

Old 03-24-2002, 11:31 AM   #3
Inactive

Tuaca64 HB User

Thanks Lori for your reply. My bf said, he remembered I had just ended my period a couple of days before we had sex, that was about two and a half weeks ago or so. So, that does make me late. =/ Another problem that I'm afraid of now, is that he is a heroin addict, for seven years, getting ready to go into a Christian Rehab April 1st. I hope and I pray that I'm not, at least for right now...

Old 03-24-2002, 07:43 PM   #4

Lori A HB User

You should take a pregnancy test now since you are late. if you worry too much it could cause your cycle to be late. i would take a test to ease your mind.
good luck with everything
Lori

Old 04-21-2002, 09:13 PM   #5
Inactive

Tuaca64 HB User

Thanks everyone for replying! The effects of a Heroin addict is now the past forever. My b/f is currently in a Christian Rehab. He has been in for almost three weeks, and he is doing better than ever. He is being counseled by an ex-heroin addict of 16 years, who is now a Senior Pastor, and, it's one on one. My b/f said, he has no desires for heroin and he's learning to live a life the Christian way and loving every minute of it. He has committed his stay for six months. I miss him badly, but at the same time I am very thankful to God that he is working in both of our lives. I am two months pregnant and we are planning to get married on the weekend of Cinco de Mayo. His pastor said, he's been doing so good that he will grant him the weekend for us to do this right and get married under the eyes of God. I am so happy that these changes are happening and I know in my heart and also in his heart that this is forever and we give thanks to the man above. And, I will pray everyday that God will keep us on the right road, from this day forward. Thanks again, and God bless to those that are also going through trials and tribulations, but keep the faith.

Closed Thread