It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2002, 08:26 PM   #1

QuestionMe HB User
Irregular or???

Ok... this is going to sound really odd... I have posted to other boards with little to no answer. I am hoping someone here can point me in the right direction. I am 19 years old and have never had a regular cycle. I would skip 2-3 months without and it was no big deal. I was real regular for a while and then all the sudden it has started again. The last period I had was in the beginning of October... There really is no chance of pregnancy and I have no "symptoms" but do not know what to do. My sister had a child when she was my age and it really hurt my family. I know that if I go to my mother and tell her the first thing she will do is assume that I am pregnant. She has a great deal of respect for me I and I do not want to do anything to jeopardize the relationship we have (it has taken a long time to get here). If I were to schedule a drs appt it would have to be with her knowledge due to insurance reasons. Does anyone out there have experience with irregular cycles, etc. I have heard about False Pregnancies (I had a cat that had one =-)) but dont know what they would be like in a human or how long they last. I am surrounded by pregnant people on a regular basis (I have classes with 10 of them a day) and have been told that sometimes your body reacts to theirs??? Guess I am just curious as to options out there...

Old 02-13-2002, 11:37 PM   #2

Molly M HB User
Re: Irregular or???

If there's "really no chance of pregnancy", why are you scared to tell your mom? If she has a great deal of respect for you, then she will not assume anything without hearing your words.
I also have had irregualr cycles all my life. I'm 33 now, but I remember 19 like it was yesterday. I would skip 3 to 4 months, and then have a horrific period. I know how frustrating it can be. If there is a chance you are pregnant take an at home test. They are not that expensive and are accurate. You should see a doctor. You should have a period at least every 3 months, for reasons I don't know, but that's what they always told me. So they would give me Provera and 10 days later I would start. It sounds like you are scared to tell your mom, so I am sorry for that. I don't know about false pregnancies. I've never heard of that until I read some posts on this board. I don't know if I believe it though. It sounds like you need to work on your relationship with your mother. I don't want to meddle, but it sounds unhealthy. If she's not willing to listen to you, even if you were pregnant, it sounds like she doesn't have much true respect for you. You are young and need to get some medical attention. Don't worry about your mom. Just make an appointment, even at a clinic. Your mom doesn't have to know. Pay cash. Whatever. But don't jeopradize your health. I'm not a psychologist, but I can see there is a problem here. You shouldn't have to fear what your mother's response will be. You should be in the doctor's office now. I wish you the best of luck, and I don't mean to sound harsh. It just sounds like you are in a lot of mental anguish, and confused. I know that feeling, and I wouldn't wish it upon anyone. Start by getting a pregnancy test and take it. Then make that appointment with or without your mom's knowledge. You need to for peace of mind. They might not find anything wrong. They never did with me. I had tons of tests done and everything. But maybe they will find the cause and be able to fix it. Good luck to you. Let me know how it goes. If you need encouragememt, post again and I will be watching.

------------------
Molly H.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread