It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2002, 05:22 PM   #1

fingerscrossed HB User
Pregnancy update!

Well, I went and bought a 1st Response home test and took it today because it says you can take it upto 3 days prior to your period and it was negative. I am so confused and upset because I took the Confirm 1 step test and both of those were faint +++'s. Has anyone had this happen?

Whitewolf...I'm especially intersted in your thoughts.
Thank you
<p>[This message has been edited by fingerscrossed (edited 01-08-2002).]

Old 01-09-2002, 10:06 AM   #2

Molly M HB User
Re: Pregnancy update!

Hi Fingerscrossed. Make sure, because you are so early if you are pregnant, that you use first morning urine. It will make a big difference when you are this early. Also, it says on the First Response test instructions or box that it didn't come back positive for 100% of pregnant women 4 days early. It was something like 50%. And even the 3 day and 2 day before your period weren't 100%. So hang in there. I can't remember if I got a negative with First Response and a positive with Answer on the same day, but I know for a fact, I was amazed because the positive result on Answer was a lot more prominent than First Response, but it is supposed to be a lot less sensitive. Go figure.

------------------
Molly M.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2002, 12:07 PM   #3

NJMOM HB User

Hi Fingerscrossed. I also bought First Response and tested negative. I am suppose to get my period tommorow so I will let you know what happens. I would think that if you got a positive (faint or not) with the other test that you would be pregnant. I will keep my fingerscrossed for you

Old 01-09-2002, 03:55 PM   #4

Molly M HB User

Hi again fingerscrossed. I just checked a sensitivity comparison chart and it says that Confirm 1-step is a sensitivity level of 25 which is basically one of the highest sensitivity levels. The only ones with a greater sentitivity level are 20. They go all the way up past 150. I would think, because you got 2 positives, even if they were very very faint, that you are pregnant. As long as you read the result within the test time. If you waited too long, it could give a false positive sometimes.

------------------
Molly H.

Old 01-09-2002, 04:59 PM   #5
Inactive

whitewolf95 HB User

Well 1st Response is not one I have tried. But I will say chances are that you got two positives and one negative. And the odds of false positives are rare,not saying they dont happen but they arent as common as false negatives. I had to deal with a false negative that I had taken at my doctor's office.
The only times I have heard of false positives is when fertility drugs were taken during the cycle. Though I am sure there are other cases of it happening. Give it some more time and take another test.

Old 01-09-2002, 06:40 PM   #6

fingerscrossed HB User

Thank you Molly, NJMom and Whitewolf. I retested again today and it was negative(sofar 2 +s and 2-'s) but I will not try again until the day after my missed period.

Thanks and good luck to you!<p>[This message has been edited by fingerscrossed (edited 01-09-2002).]

Closed Thread