It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2002, 06:44 AM   #1
Inactive

hillarynotclinton HB User
pregnancy depression make it more likely to suffer postpartum???

I cried all evening yesterday. Im not going to go into it but it was for no reason other than these darned pregnancy hormones. My only salvation was going to bed and sleeping it all off. I saw this show where the actress Lisa Rinna suffered from bad postpartum depression. I wonder, if I feel so bad at 5 months preggers, will I have a horrible time after the birth too?? I cant even imagine it.

Old 01-04-2002, 10:23 AM   #2
Inactive

whitewolf95 HB User
Re: pregnancy depression make it more likely to suffer postpartum???

Ok you need to relax,just because you are having depression problems now doesnt mean you are setting yourself up for postpartum later.
I know with my first pregnancy(even though it was planned and we were happy with being pregnant)I had horrible bouts of depression. And it didnt take much to trigger it. The stupidest things like cat hair on my shirt to my hubby being five minutes late from work. But when my baby was born I was fine...I didnt have a single bit of depression after I had him.
Now with my second pregnancy I didnt have any depression. I did cry alot but that was because I was so happy because we had been going through secondary infertility for over three years. Though after he was born it seemed like the dam had burst and pospartum took over. It started before I even got out of the hospital.
Another famous person who had problems with postpartum was Maria Osmond,she even wrote about it. I cant remember the name of the book.
Also dont borrow trouble before you need it. In other words dont worry over what may or may not come for the time being.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread