HealthBoards (
-   Pregnancy (
-   -   Just a Question... (

qtpie2003 02-15-2003 02:19 PM

Just a Question...
Has anyone during the last trimester ever experience HORRIBLE ITCHING right above and around the top of the pubic hair line? It drives me absolutly INSANE!!! I have had this for awhile now but never thought much of I can't stand! Any advice on what to do or what may cause this? Thanks! <p>[This message has been edited by qtpie2003 (edited 02-15-2003).]

fntsyangel 02-16-2003 02:02 PM

Re: Just a Question...
Likely stretch marks (sorry!!) Try some moisture lotion or Aveeno for the itch - nothing for it to keep stretch marks away, but at least you will be comfortable. If it seems to be a rash, or extends to your thighs, belly, considder PUPPS. Nothing to be done for that either, but your doctor could prob give you some cream for it.

Hope that helps!

Angel, et al

FrostyKitten 02-16-2003 02:05 PM

I'm finding that my whole stomach is really itchy now (I'm due in less than 4 weeks). I find that cocoa butter wors really well to stop it because it's so thick. I think the itching is due to how stretched out your stomach becomes during the last tri.

EDD- March 13, 2003 (Hubby'sBirthday!)

qtpie2003 02-16-2003 09:05 PM

Thanks for all the replys..I just bought a whole new bottle of Cocoa Butter so I will start using that. I have been using Cortizone 10 for the itching. What is PUPPS? Anything I should worry about??