It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2002, 02:00 PM   #1

kristi_p HB User
no heartbeat 1st time

This is my third pregnancy. I am always paranoid through my pragnancies. Well 2 weeks ago I had doc appoinment and we didn't hear the heartbeat. But he said the growth is good and right where it should be. Supposedly I was 14 weeks then. My period was very irregular so I am waiting for ultrasound for more accurate due date. But as anybody else had experiences withg hearing the heartbeat later than usual?
I go back in a week and a half, hopefully we'll hear it then.
Thank you.

Old 03-16-2002, 05:39 PM   #2

Purrbaby HB User
Re: no heartbeat 1st time

I never worried about when I heard the hb..I was over 3 1/2 months each time. The reason is I chose to have an u/s early on to show me the heart beating and that it is forming correctly. You may have miscalculated your due date. With my son my due date went from the end of Sept. to the end of Aug. This baby has had two due dates already Sept. 29 and Oct.4. I would defintely not worry until an u/s confirms the due date. My u/s gave me the Oct. 4 date..I told my doc I was less preg. than he said. My doc before that insisted I was due Sept. 29. That would have thrown my weeks off and that is one reason I insist on an u/s.

------------------
Smile, life doesn't last that long.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2002, 07:36 PM   #3

kristi_p HB User

Thanks for your reply. My insurancce only covers one neessary ultrasound, and that will probably be in a few weeks. Hopefully I'll hear the heart beat in a few weeks and then shortly after see my baby.

Old 03-16-2002, 08:43 PM   #4

Purrbaby HB User

I have picky insurance too and my doc puts it down as a viability u/s and they pay for it. I will get two more..one at 5 1/2 months to check the gender and one at delivery to check the babie's position. My doc puts the one when he checks the gender down as something else to satisfy my insurance. My friend who has strict insurance pays half of the u/s(here it is 43.60) and the other half goes into the account that she has to pay off at the end of her preg. I know my insurance paid everything except my co pay. But my docs office won't take my co pay until after he delivers the baby(weird?) so in the end I owe them $230!! But I saw the bill for my delivery..it was over $8,000 not counting my son's doc and everything!!! I'm rambling so I will stop now!! But I'm sure you will see the hb and the baby will be fine..I just wait for that..settles my psychotic mommy behavior a little bit!

------------------
Smile, life doesn't last that long.

Old 03-17-2002, 09:56 PM   #5

kristi_p HB User

well i guess my insurance is pretty good though. I don't have any co-pays or anything. I just read were lots of women get an ultrasound everytime they go. i would love that. but i get just one.
well i'll have to let you know in a week what the results are.

oh i read your post above.
i have 3yr old and 1yr old girls. Most Days are great, but others just rip my hair out. I love my girls and love staying home with them. oh and believe me my house is not always clean and dinner on the table either. I can't even imagine what it will be like with this 3rd one coming.
my hubby works grave shift. so he isn't here after 8 at night and he sleeps duing the day. but he is off on weekends.
i am fortunate enough to stay home. But you need to do what is good for yourself and your son. IF you are worried about daycare, I would and look for a home daycare. Good luck and take it easy. YEAH yeah I know, easier said than done.

Closed Thread