It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2002, 09:40 AM   #1
(female)

Dream07 HB User
Faint line pregnancy test

I tested on monday and the resusts were odd ..it came back positive but the second line was very faint...does this mean yes or no...has anyone else had this experience please help ...any information will help ...thank you

Old 02-12-2002, 09:46 AM   #2
Inactive

whitewolf95 HB User
Re: Faint line pregnancy test

It could mean you are pregnant. But your best bet is to take another test and make sure you do it first thing in the morning since that has the highest concentrate of HCG. Or call your doctor and get checked for him/her to confirm if you are pregnant or not.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2002, 08:04 PM   #3

dbon99 HB User

Oh yeah, it's happened to me and I was most definitely preggers. Maybe you are just newly pregnant and don't have much of the hormone in your urine yet. Try again in a few days, it'll be darker I bet. Mention it to the nurse when you call your doctor to set up your first prenatal visit!<p>[This message has been edited by dbon99 (edited 02-12-2002).]

Old 02-12-2002, 08:54 PM   #4

Molly M HB User

For some tests it depends on how long you waited to see the positive result. Most tests say if there is a line, even a very faint one, HCG was detected and you are most likely pregnant. Some will have a very faint line if you wait past the 10 minute mark. I guess it's just an evaporation line or something. If you got a faint line within the test limits, usually 2 - 3 minutes, then it sounds like you are pregnant. By the way, which test did you take, do you remember the name? Some detect HCG in a lot lower levels. I have heard from people on this board that Confirm is somewhat iffy. But I don't know the exact circumstances. Good luck, and as the others said, wait a couple more days and take another one. The line should appear darker, especially if you use first morning urine(if you are indeed pregnant).

------------------
Molly H.

Old 02-13-2002, 02:39 AM   #5

Purrbaby HB User

Personally, I would go with the test and go to the doc and take a blood test. Why waste the money on the stick thing?? Of course if you bought a 2 test pack..tinkle away!! My doc makes you take a blood test before he will make a prenatal appointment anyway. Might as well get the yucky needles out of the way!! I would say a faint line is a yes line!! At least it was with my son...I ran straight to the doc..got the blood test..bam it was official!! I don't know...I just trust an official medical diagnosis over a stick I tinkled on. But that is just me!!

------------------
Smile, life doesn't last that long.

Old 02-13-2002, 02:40 AM   #6

Purrbaby HB User

Personally, I would go with the test and go to the doc and take a blood test. Why waste the money on the stick thing?? Of course if you bought a 2 test pack..tinkle away!! My doc makes you take a blood test before he will make a prenatal appointment anyway. Might as well get the yucky needles out of the way!! I would say a faint line is a yes line!! At least it was with my son...I ran straight to the doc..got the blood test..bam it was official!! I don't know...I just trust an official medical diagnosis over a stick I tinkled on. But that is just me!!

------------------

Old 02-13-2002, 07:53 PM   #7

Molly M HB User

My midwife's office uses the same type of test you buy over the counter. And so do clinics. They are over 99% accurate if done correctly. The only difference with blood tests is that they can detect HCG at about 7 days rather than 14. But some urine tests can detect HCG in less than 14. I took mine at 9 days past conception and it came back positive. If your insurance doesn't cover a blood test it is around 50 dollars, as apposed to a 7 buck urine test you can buy at the store. I think if I were you I'd just wait another week and take another test. That is of course if your insurance doesn't cover it.

------------------
Molly H.

Old 02-13-2002, 08:52 PM   #8

Purrbaby HB User

Whoa $50? My insurance covers it and my doc requires a blood test. I do the urine one at home and they do a blood one before they will make an appointment. I had no idea!! I guess going the stick way would be best if you have to pay for the blood test. I have great insurance. They pay for everything. Including 3 u/s per preg. unless you have probs. I didn't know that blood tests were that much. Even when I didn't have insurance I took a blood test for $5. At a good clinic. Maybe it is b/c I live in Mississippi!! LOL!!

------------------

Old 02-13-2002, 11:17 PM   #9

Molly M HB User

Your insurance pays for 3 u/s? Oh my god! I don't think I'll even get one more unless something goes wrong.

Closed Thread