It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2002, 12:41 PM   #1

Molly M HB User
Very Curious

I was just wondering how many of you pregnant ladies count your pregnancy weeks starting from conception and how many of you go by LMP. And how many of you know your exact concepion date, but still add two weeks (LMP)? That's what I did because that's how my midwife counts it. It seems like everyone I know goes by the LMP method (in other words, add two weeks to your conception date). Another question I have. If you go by the 40 week pregnancy calendar, when is the first trimester supposed to be over? Is it week 12, or week 14 or something else? I always thought it was week 12, but now I heard week 14. I am so ready for it to be over!! Hopefully that "glow" will come and I will get more energy. But I know that that doesn't always happen.

------------------
Molly H.

Old 02-04-2002, 12:42 AM   #2

AngeliqueM HB User
Re: Very Curious

I asked my Doc the same question...

He told me that since I'm not regular to go by date of conception and add to that.
try counting from your due date backwards and see what you come up with...
I hope this helped
Angie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2002, 01:30 AM   #3

Purrbaby HB User

Molly,
I try not to count the months because I don't want to know how much longer I will be pregnant..too painful..LOL!! I go by my conception date but I know both times exactly what date that is. It was the only time I had sex that month...both times!! Don't worry too much about the exact week...as long as you know the month you have a general idea what trimester you are in.

------------------
Smile, life doesn't last that long.

Old 02-04-2002, 09:32 AM   #4

Molly M HB User

Thanks for your replies. I wasn't asking for help, just curious how many people go by what counting method. I know my exact date of conception, but I still add two weeks. Anyway, thanks

------------------
Molly H.

Old 02-04-2002, 09:46 AM   #5
Inactive

hillarynotclinton HB User

Im not counting anymore!!!!!!!Im sick of it. lol im just going by my due date-and the fact that I have nearly 4 more months of this.

Old 02-05-2002, 07:23 PM   #6
Inactive

Shaelle HB User

Most things you will read will go by or refer to weeks pregnant starting with the first day of your last menstrual period. But the Gestational age is the actual developmental age of fetus. When refering to how many weeks you are along, it will just be easier to go by your last menstrual period, as they count this in a 40 week pregnancy, (38 week gestation period). As far a actual conception time, I don't believe that anyone knows exactly the conception date. As their is a 2-3 day period after ovulation that conception can occur, and ovulation can occur a day later or sooner than expected too. I had intercourse 5 days before expected ovulation. I believe that I must have ovulated earlier than expected because 5 days is really pushing the limit on the life expectancy of sperm. So as far as actual conception date, I can only narrow it down to a 3 day period. Which is still not exact, but what good does it do me anyways. I'm due Sept. 15, and that is still, no matter which way you count it, 32 weeks away.

Hope my opinion helped you.

Closed Thread