It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2002, 06:13 PM   #1

Purrbaby HB User
Ok I have to rant about the last 2 days

I really wonder what is wrong with my family. Ok I am not close to my mom and I met my dad when I was 15 so I am not that close with him either. I found out I needed to go to the hospital b/c I was dehydrated and have an upper respiratory tract infection. I am very prone to getting bronchitis b/c I have asthma and I had a temp. of 101.5-102.3 all day. So, I called my stepmom and asked her to watch my son..she said fine. After they hooked me up to the IV I called to check onhim..he was crying..I told them give him something for his teething pain. They said ok. I got a shot of Demerol and the docs sent me home. They said don't drive and stay on bed rest for 24-48 hours. Well, my stepmom said she would keep my son all night. My hubby told them I might be able to drive at by 10 to come and get him but he was doubtful. My hubby called at 9:30 to tell them he would pick my son up when he got off work at 2:00 if they needed him to or they could keep him all night like planned. Well, my dad called my hubby at work and told him to call me and tell me to get off my lazy a$$ and come get my child and that I needed to learn to take responsiblity and that he has taken care of his kids when he was sick. Now, my dad has NEVER taken care of any of his kids. He beat my ex stepmom while she was preg. with my brother..my brother was born early and died. Then he has a kid that he doesn't know if it is his or not. Then he has my baby sister who he never took care of I DID. Now he has my baby brother who he NEVER takes care of all he does is sleep!! And he never took care of me..never paid child support..my mom took care of me. Where does this man get off?? When I got preg. with my son he got a wild hair up his booty and called me and told me he could care less if I lived or died and to leave him alone..for no reason. He feels he can keep doing this to me over and over again. NOT AGAIN. My hubby and I agreed this was his last chance. But, I love my stepmom to death. What now?? Oh if you are wondering if I drove the 45 min trip to get my son while on Demerol..yes I had to. And my dad livs in the country and I go on backroads and crap. And I sitter lined up for today..her mom had a heart attack(so of course I understand) and I calle danother one and she said she'd watch him and never showed up. So, I'm sick, tired, have a headache and have a teething child. Hubby won't be home to take over until about 3:30-4:00 in the morning. Ugg!! I need a vacation!!

------------------
Smile, life doesn't last that long.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2002, 06:22 PM   #2

Lori A HB User
Re: Ok I have to rant about the last 2 days

Hi Purrbye
Sorry to hear about your bad day. It sounds like your Dad has some serious issue's. Don't take the things he says personally- he is obviously hurting inside and needs some help. Keep your chin up and things will get better. Have a good weekend and I hope you are feeling better.
Lori

Old 03-08-2002, 09:10 PM   #3

Molly M HB User

Purrbaby I'm so sorry for you. It sounds like your dad is a jerk to put it mildly. You should keep your son away from him. Don't give your dad the chance to hurt your son. I don't mean physically, but emotionally. I think you should stay away from him as well. You don't need that BS in your life, especially right now. You will be OK. You dad is the one who's messed up. Just remember that you don't need that in your life, even if he is your father. I know it is hard, but it would be better for you. Why do people have to hurt other people? Especially family? He must be a very sad, insecure, selfish person to say what he says to you. You are NOT lazy, as you know. How dare he!! Well, obviously I'm getting riled up already and I should stop. It just makes me so angry that parents can think it's alright to treat their kids the way they do. Where is the love and compassion? Once again, I'm sorry to hear of your situation and hope you feel better soon.

------------------
Molly H.

Old 03-08-2002, 09:12 PM   #4

Molly M HB User

Purrbaby I'm so sorry for you. It sounds like your dad is a jerk to put it mildly. You should keep your son away from him. Don't give your dad the chance to hurt your son. I don't mean physically, but emotionally. I think you should stay away from him as well. You don't need that BS in your life, especially right now. You will be OK. You dad is the one who's messed up. Just remember that you don't need that in your life, even if he is your father. I know it is hard, but it would be better for you. Why do people have to hurt other people? Especially family? He must be a very sad, insecure, selfish person to say what he says to you. You are NOT lazy, as you know. How dare he!! Well, obviously I'm getting riled up already and I should stop. It just makes me so angry that parents can think it's alright to treat their kids the way they do. Where is the love and compassion? Once again, I'm sorry to hear of your situation and hope you feel better soon.

------------------
Molly H.

Old 03-08-2002, 11:37 PM   #5

Purrbaby HB User

Thanks ya'll. After a rather large amount of chocolate and a warm bath(not too warm!!) I am feeling better. The steam seems to have cleared my chest a little momentarily. Ya'll are right my dad is a jerk. My stepmom has to do everything. She cleans(which is NEVER done right for HIM) cooks and tries to make him happy. Her son won't live with her b/c my dad is mean to him and her daughter is constantly belittled by my dad. I guess it helps her to know he doesn't treat his own kids any better. It is sad b/c I love my stepmom. She is truely a great woman and we talk about EVERYTHING. I hate to lose her over my dad. But I don't want her to feel divided or pulled in any way. I have decided to stay away from my dad. He ruined his last chance. I'm just glad my in laws are half way normal. I can't stand one of my sister in laws...and my 18 year old niece is still tripping over the fact that her aunt is 19..which I can't blame her. I guess things can only go up from here. Maybe if I'm lucky hubby will give me a back rub. Lord knows I need one!! Thanks for the support. I really had to rant about that LITTLE issue!

------------------
Smile, life doesn't last that long.

Closed Thread