It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2003, 02:12 PM   #1

Tiff Tiff HB User
Ugly baby?

i've been having very vivid dreams lately, and one of them i dreamed that my baby came out really ugly with a nose the size of a grown man's, with huge nostrils. it realy scared me.. i dont want to have an ugly baby! i'm nice looking and so is the baby's dad, so i think it will be cute, but i am worried. lately i worry about a lot of stuff i'm starting to turn into my mom.

but i have another question,.. is there things you can do to make the baby smarter or cry less or something by like eating certain foods, or listening to certain music? how much of what I do affects how the baby will come out? and how important is eating healty as long as i take prenatal vitamins?

Old 02-20-2003, 02:19 PM   #2
Inactive

lovelyme HB User
Re: Ugly baby?

For less crying and all that.......pray. I honestly you get what God gives you. I don't believe there are special things out there that reallt are proven to work on these kinds of things. As for eating right it is a must. You will still gain too much if you eat wrong even taking the vites and those are only to top off what you are already putting into your body. Unsafe medications, over doing it, stress and those kinds of things are major things that can or may ultimately affect your pregnancy meaning you and the baby.

------------------
Marie
Baby's Arrival Expected August 2, 2003

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2003, 02:22 PM   #3
Inactive

lovelyme HB User

For less crying and all that.......pray. I honestly you get what God gives you. I don't believe there are special things out there that reallt are proven to work on these kinds of things. As for eating right it is a must. You will still gain too much if you eat wrong even taking the vites and those are only to top off what you are already putting into your body. Unsafe medications, over doing it, stress and those kinds of things are major things that can or may ultimately affect your pregnancy meaning you and the baby.

------------------
Marie

Old 02-20-2003, 02:23 PM   #4
Inactive

lovelyme HB User

------------------
Marie

Old 02-20-2003, 02:24 PM   #5
Inactive

lovelyme HB User

------------------
Marie

Old 02-20-2003, 03:14 PM   #6
Inactive

siren24 HB User

Tiff, I think it's normal to have crazy dreams while PG, and to worry about the health and appearance of your baby. I have a recurring dream that I am sitting there watching TV and realize that I have forgotten about the baby. When I go to him, I can't remember how long it's been since I fed him, and pick up his bottle to see all the milk curdled and soured in there. It's horrible. I think it's just my body's way of psycologically preparing for motherhood, and I subconciously worry because this is my first, and I have no idea what I'm doing.

Old 02-20-2003, 03:22 PM   #7
Senior Veteran

coppertop HB User

With my first baby, I had similar concerns. However, there is no way of describing the feeling you have when your baby is born. Its amazing! You don't care if he has two heads, he's YOURS. Its a feeling you can't even imagine untill it happens. I haven't had any of those worries with my second pregnancy or this pregnancy because I know I will adore him/her no matter what.

Old 02-20-2003, 03:39 PM   #8

fntsyangel HB User

You would be amazed at how little this will matter to you once baby is here, not to mention that what a baby looks like at birth, or even thru todlerhood is not an indicator of the end result! To be perfectly honest, most babies are kind of funny looking when they are born. their skin is mottled, they have baby acne within days, their noses are smashed, and their heads are mishapen, and they usually look like little old men with saggy skin (girl or boy)! All of that is gone by around 3 months tho.

My first DD was born unusually untouched from birth and well proportioned weight-wise, so she was an acceptionally good looking baby with beautiful skin color; BUT, my second DD was quite bruised, had birthmarks on both eyelids (spider veins), mottled purplish skin, mooshed nose, and looking like her skin was 2 sizes too big. I have to admit I found her to be quite plain looking. Now, at 18 months, she is a STUNNER! Her features are all in proportion and the birthmarks, while still there (they always will be) have faded and she has disgustingly beautiful skin tone.

My third, a son, was even worse when he was born. He was adorable, but he had severe bruising from eyebrow to chin, and 2 black eyes (he was turned wrong during birth) as well as looking like a little old man. He was also born with a clubfoot (deformity). BUT, by the time he came around I knew that none of that mattered at all; I wasnt even phased by the birth defect. His foot is almost fixed now, and he looks like a little cabbage patch doll! That is only after 7 weeks ...

So, you can see that your fears MIGHT seem true at first (or maybe not if baby is lucky!) but given a month or two, ALL babies are as cute as could be!

------------------
Angel, et al

Old 02-21-2003, 08:54 AM   #9
Inactive

lovelyme HB User

How the heck did I post 4 TIMES? Oops sorry!

------------------
Marie

Closed Thread