It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2003, 01:51 PM   #1

FrostyKitten HB User
How did you tell hubby?

I know this has been gone over before, but there's so many new people here, I'd like to do it again!

Here's what happened with Hubby and I:

I went to the doctor's on a Monday feeling flu-ish. He asked if I was still TTC and I said yes, so we did a urine test. He came back after about 5 mins and said "well, it's not neg, but it's not pos either". He explained that at 2mins, the doc's consider the tests no good. But right at 2 mins on the dot there was a faint line!! He told me to come back in a week.

I said yeah right! I can't wait a week.

So I stopped at the pharmacy on my way home and grabbed a double HPT kit (2 tests). When hubby got home that night, I told him what happened at the doc's office and that I would test in the morning. He was scared, but knew there wasn't much to be done until we knew for sure. Sleep was hard that night.

I woke up at 6am having to pee SO bad!! I thought, now's the time to test. I tested, and just sat and stared at it. My heart jumped when I saw that little blue line!! I went racing into our bedroom at 6:10am, shook him awake enough to open his eyes, and said "it's positive". His eyes opened wide and he stared to cry. I've never seen him so happy before (or so awake at 6am).

Anyone else?

------------------
Stephanie
EDD- March 13, 2003 (Hubby'sBirthday!)

Old 02-16-2003, 03:09 PM   #2
Inactive

siren24 HB User
Re: How did you tell hubby?

lol.... funny story. My hubby and I had only been married since September. We weren't actively TTC, but we weren't really trying not to. I was scheduled to switch BC in October. I had a gut feeling after I realized that we had had sex mid cycle that I was pregnant. I started taking the early HPT's 8 days before AF was due. Probably on the 2nd or 3rd day, I got a faint line. I was in the bathroom watching it change, and he was on the computer. I was in such shock all I could do was call "Um.... baby? I'm pregnant." In this really matter of fact voice. He sat there for a minute, and it didn't register at all because of the way I said it. Then he raced into the bathroom and saw the line, gave me a huge kiss and hug. I was the one that wanted the baby right away, and he wanted to wait, but he actually was more excited than I was. I went into shock mode for a week because I couldn't believe it happened that quickly.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2003, 04:15 PM   #3

Carmen_F HB User

My hubby was 6 hours away at his parents. An hour before I took the test (before I even thought about buyint the test) I called him and told him to come home right now. ( I was bawling and crying) I have no idea why i did that..he wasn't supposed to come home yet. So even though it was a long drive and already almost 7 he left to come home. I was sleeping (which wasn't normal for me) and woke up with the urge to buy a test. So even though I swore I wasn't pg I went and got it. Man was I in shock when it came back postive. I had to wait until midnight though to tell him. I just ran out to the car crying when he pulled up and told him. Man was he ever in shock but very happy.

Old 02-17-2003, 04:03 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

babygrant HB User

My husband and i got married in September and decided to go off birth control when we got married and use other modes of protection till we decided we were ready. December 1st (exact date) came along and we decided we were ready to start trying. Well conception occured December 28th!
I had been feeling really tired and just kind of down in the dumps starting on New Years and my hubby said to me "your pregnant", I was like "no way, we've only been trying for a month now". Well January 14th rolled around, I took a HPT, negative, took anther on the 16th, negative, took a urine test at the doctors office on the 18th, negative, went for a blood test the same day, got the results an hour later, and it was positive!! We actually had to drive back down to the doctors office to get the results and I was so bummed out from the negative urine test that I made my hubby go in. He came out with a big smile on his face and I said "shut up and don't tease me" and he said "NO WE'RE HAVING A BABY", of course I didn't believe him so I called the doctors office from the parking lot cause I didn't want to see them tell me it was negative. Of course he DIDN'T lie to me and we are now 9 weeks and 2 days and expecting our first little baby on September 21st! A year and 2 weeks after we got married!!!
Angela

Old 02-17-2003, 04:05 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

babygrant HB User

Sorry, one more quick story. We had been going around telling everyone when we found out and we went to my hubby's grandparents house. His grandma always calls our puppy our baby and we usually take her everywhere with us so when we showed up she says to us "where's the baby?" and i said "in my belly". She looked at me for a minute a little confused and then said "OH ANGELA!!!" and gave me a huge hug!! It couldn't have been a better set up. It was so cute!!!

Closed Thread