It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2003, 09:24 AM   #1
(female)

shortstuff07 HB User
Siren24.....

Thank you so much for the quick reply to OPK's. I was wondering because I just stopped taking the pill Jan 8th and I got the OPK for this month.(I wanted to make sure I got AF before I used the OPK). I have about a 28 day cycle and it said to begin testing on the 11th day which would be this Wednesday the 19th, but I didn't want to take a chance in missing it, so I began testing Saturday instead(just to make sure). When you tested, did the line show up dark? So far, mine have, of course, been negative,but the neg. line has been faint. If I should get a positive, when should I start BD? That same day for the next 3-4 days? How long were you on the pill? I have been on it for 11 years straight. Look forward to hearing from you soon!!! Renee.

Old 02-17-2003, 09:58 AM   #2
Inactive

siren24 HB User
Re: Siren24.....

I got faint negatives too but my positives were clear, there were no mistaking them. I actually used 2 kits because, like you, I tested a little early. My cycle has always been 28 days like clockwork even when I wasn't on the pill, but I never knew when I o'd. I never had good luck with O symptoms. This is what happened with me: On Oct. 16, I began testing, got 4 days worth of negatives. On the 20, I got I got a positive, which means that I hadn't O'd yet, but the hormone LH, which is present 24-36 hrs. before O. We BD'd THAT night and every night for the next 3 days just to be on the safe side. Like I said, if you wait til the day you're supposed to O to BD, it seems to be too late. If you BD before, sperm can live inside you sometimes up to 72 hours. I always joked that you had to give them a head start. (They probably refuse to ask for directions.) By the 22nd, I had a gyn appt. for a pap, and during the exam, I was told that I had lots of CM, and had probably just O'd on the 21. I began HPTing WAY too early, but got positives 5 days before AF was due. Worked the first time. Maybe I just got lucky. I had been on the pill for about 3 years and stopped BC in July, and had a couple of regular periods before our wedding in Sept. I have actually read new research that suggests that the pill may not have a negative impact of fertility, and that it may even preserve fertility by preserving eggs, and that sometimes after stopping the pill, you can be super fertile. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2003, 10:12 AM   #3
(female)

shortstuff07 HB User

My body is like clockwork also. Whether on the pill or off. I didn't know for sure how it was going to react after coming off the pills,but 2 days after I stopped taking them, I began AF(which was on Jan 10th). I got AF Feb 9th. this month so I should be o'ing within the next week or so. I'm like you, I can't tell when I have O cramps because I have a herniated disk in my lower left side of my back and it makes my side hurt alot. Before I knew I had the disk problem, I had went to my doc for my ovary. I thought something was wrong with my ovary, as it was killing me. They did ultrasound after ultrasound and said my ovaries were exceptional. So more research and it was the disk. Anyways, I'm glad to hear about the new research on the BCP. I hope this will be my month!!! BTW, where are you from? I'm from Alabama and I am 28 years old and DH is 30. We have been married 7 yrs. this year. We have no children. Talk to you soon. Renee.

Old 02-17-2003, 10:19 AM   #4
(female)

shortstuff07 HB User

One more quick question: What time of day did you test? I know on the pack it says the best time is from 10am to 8pm. I read somewhere that the best time is 2pm and that's when I've been taking the test. Thanks again.

Old 02-17-2003, 12:46 PM   #5
Inactive

siren24 HB User

I'm from Alabama, too. What part are you from? I'm 22 and dh is 28. I think I tested sometime around noon or a little after... I can't remember for sure. I tested when hubby wasn't around, because we weren't using BC, but we weren't actively ttc, either. at least, he wasn't. LOL.

Old 02-17-2003, 01:09 PM   #6
(female)

shortstuff07 HB User

I'm from a little town outside of Huntsville called Toney. What part are you from? I just tested for today and it's still showing negative. I won't start getting nervous until Wednesday because that's when I'm supposed to start testing(suggested date). Hope to hear from you soon!!!!!!!!

Old 02-17-2003, 02:46 PM   #7
Inactive

siren24 HB User

I am from a small town outside of Anniston called Weaver. Keep me posted on how things are going.

Closed Thread