It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2002, 01:55 PM   #1

rachel hughes HB User
cant eat or drink.

hi im 6 months pregnant and since i was 6 weeks i have had morning sickness to the extent that i can not even take 1 sip of water i have tried pressure bands and the doctor gave me some tablets but they are not working. i have lost 1 stone already ib am showing slightly though. i have had to go into hospital to have drips put into me because of dehydration. i wish i knew when it would stop. i feel sick all the time and i am constantly tired. anyone know anythink else that might help morning sickness

thanks rachel

Old 02-17-2002, 05:18 PM   #2

Molly M HB User
Re: cant eat or drink.

I don't know if you have Unisom in England, but my midwife said they tell their patients to take it for morning sickness. It's really a sleep aid to help with insomnia. She said that there is no risk of harming the fetus. But you should talk to your doctor first. Hope all gets better for you.

------------------
Molly H.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2002, 05:56 PM   #3

Purrbaby HB User
Re: cant eat or drink.

I have these things called preggie pops. Basically, find lolipops that are lemon flavored, ginger or peppermint. Sucking on these flavors really helps. I had the same problem this time and last time. I felt sick until my 8th month with my son and rarely kept food down. I also take dramamine right before I go to bed..normally if I do it right when I am most sleepy my body is too tired to get sick and I can keep the meds down. Once I get the meds down I can eat and drink normally. Hope you start to feel better!

------------------
Smile, life doesn't last that long.

Closed Thread