It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2001, 02:31 AM   #1

DyDeyette HB User
I'm worried I may be pregnant while on the pill

I am on the pill, but it is only my fourth month on it, I should have started my period two-three days ago and so far, nothing. I haven't missed any pills, I mostly took the pills within the hours of 8pm and 10 pm, a few times a forgot and took them anywhere from 11pm-12am... I most often took them at 9. I never forgot to take one though. I was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me if the days that I took the pills later would increase the chances of becoming pregnant a lot or just a little. Should I be really worried?

Old 12-19-2001, 10:08 AM   #2
Inactive

whitewolf95 HB User
Re: I'm worried I may be pregnant while on the pill

The pills are meant to be taken at the SAME TIME every day with maybe an hour as a grace period. In other words if you take them an hour late or early then you should be fine. But anything over that and the hormones will start to vary. The pills control the level of your hormones and hence stop you from ovulating but when that level drops it lets the body know that you should ovulate. And hence an egg can mature and be released. Also even if you take the pills correctly they can fail.
So since your period is late go ahead and take a home pregnancy test to see what the results are. Also a call to your doctor or clinic in which you got the pills should be done. Let them know what is going on so they can also give you advice.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread