It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2001, 02:35 PM   #1

Toaster285 HB User
Is she pregnant

Two monthes ago, my ex girldfriend and i didn't have sex, but we had unprotected genital contact (no penetration, but my penis was around the vagina, so im sure precum was present). She was also on the first day of her period, with a tampon in. She only had spotting on the day she should have had her period the next month. I gave her an at-home pregnancy test two weeks after the day she got the spotting, and four weeks after the spotting, both coming up negative.
She then got her period a day or two after the second test, but she said it was lighter then usual, but also two days longer. She also had bad cramps. I tried to break off our relationship, and two days ago (two weeks after her light period) she said she took another at home pregnancy test that came up positive. I took her to a professional center four days later, who gave her a "professional" urin test which came out negative. I don't want to sound stupid, but should i be worried? Do you think shes lying? Im taking her to get it checked out by a blood test in two days, but i was just wondering.

Old 12-16-2001, 03:56 PM   #2

kmb101 HB User
Re: Is she pregnant

home pregnancy tests are meant to be used "on the first day u missed your period" so if it came out neg 2 weeks after she had her period,i would say shes not but better to be safe and just get a blood test
sounds like shes just trying to keep u around

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2001, 04:48 PM   #3
Inactive

whitewolf95 HB User

KMB preganncy tests can be taken at other times besides when a period is missed. The rule of thumb is to wait for a missed period but sometimes waiting that long can be too stressful.
One can wait about 20 days after the accident,sexual contact or whatever and a test will be pretty accurate. I even took one about 16 days after I was pretty sure I had conceived and it came up postive. Also there are some home test on the market now that can be taken two weeks after the sexual encounter and they claim to be accurate.

Now for the original poster I think she might be lying to you to try and keep you. I know that sounds horrible to say but there are girls and women who will go to all types of extremes to hang on to relationships even if it isnt good for them. So go ahead and get the blood test done and when/if it comes back negative tell her you have had enough and move on. Chances are she isnt pregnant and is dragging this on to get your attention.

Old 12-18-2001, 07:09 AM   #4
Inactive

hillarynotclinton HB User

Yeah, I must agree. ITs quite a coincidence that she goes and says shes pregnant when you try to break it off. Pregnancy should be a beautiful thing (or at least a serious thing) and when a girl lies about it, it trivializes the whole thing and makes the rest of us feel that we have to offer PROOF that we actually are preggers. shame on her! Sorry, pet peeve of mine.

Closed Thread