It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2002, 06:29 PM   #1

bitterglitter HB User
Ovulation

How can you tell when you are ovulating. My periods are all messed up because I've been taking bc pills and my periods didn't become regular while taking them. I always had a period of a few days in the middle of the month when I had a really light period, and then another really light period during my scheduled week. Could it be that the middle of the month period was my ovulation?

Funny, but I don't have a thermometer, otherwise I would be asking how to tell with a thermometer. Never really had any use for one until now.

Old 01-22-2002, 08:35 PM   #2
Inactive

whitewolf95 HB User
Re: Ovulation

Well with the way you described your cycles then there is no way to tell for sure except to go to your doctor or a fertility doctor and have them run blood tests throughout your cycle to pin it down. With the women that spot from ovulation is is extremely light spotting that may last at the most a couple of hours. You really wouldnt mistake it for a period.
By doing BBT(basal body temp) you take your temp every morning before getting out of bed. You start this a few days before you period is due that way you can catch the temp on the first day of your period. Normally it takes about three cycles to get the accurate view of when you ovulate.
Here is a site taht explains it better. <A HREF="http://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/bbt/bbtfaq.html" TARGET=_blank>www.fertilityplus.org/faq/bbt/bbtfaq.html</A>

It wouldnt hurt to discuss this with your doctor. I know you probably have but still you need to have one that will listen to you about this all.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2002, 09:51 AM   #3

bitterglitter HB User

How many days after your period do you ovulate?

Old 01-23-2002, 09:53 AM   #4

Molly M HB User

You can also check your cervical mucous. It gets stretchy, like egg whites, right as ovulation approaches (for a couple days). If you have a normal cycle, this will happen about 2 weeks prior to when you expect your period. Good luck.

Old 01-23-2002, 01:18 PM   #5
Inactive

whitewolf95 HB User

It varies from woman to woman because we all have different periods.
Though if you have a 28 day cycle they say the average is day 14 but that doesnt always happen on day 14.
My doctor told me that the ovulation time can vary between days 12 and 20 of a cycle for those that have a 28 day cycle. I found that was very ture when I was charting my cycle. One cycle it would be day 13 and then the next it could be day 16. So it varied in that time frame.
Watch your cycles closly and maybe even chart them to find out when your ovulation time is.

Old 01-23-2002, 04:43 PM   #6

Molly M HB User

Just remember that the length of time that is different in women's cycles is the first part of the cycle (before you ovulate). It is almost always about 14 days after that that you start your period. In other words, I have long cycles, around 44 or 45 days. I don't ovulate right in the middle. I ovulate right about day 30. I am not trying to confuse you, but I remember thinking all women ovulate right in the middle of their cycle, and that's not true. The only ones who do are those who have a 28 day cycle, and even then it can vary a couple of days or more. You could always try those home ovulation tests too. They are very accurate when performed correctly. They worked for me this time around, and I am pregnant down to the day that I thought we conceived.

Closed Thread