It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2002, 05:09 PM   #1

blondie2001 HB User
Pregnancy Test

Hi, I need to know the answer to this question. Okay, last month I ended my period on the 9th. This month I started on the 9th, so that means I'm regular right?

Okay, 2nd, I took a pregnancy test about 2 weeks after my period last month. I wasn't late, I didn't miss a period, my boyfriend's (you know what) was no where around my (you know what) without a condom. He never got around my area with it and he didn't stick it in me or anything. I've been regular and like I said, haven't missed or skipped a period.

I was wondering, since I took the test about 2 weeks after my cycle, is the test still acurate. On the box it said it could detect as early as the first day of a missed period, but does that mean you have to take it then? They way I felt was: If you're pregnant, you are pregnant and a test could tell any day at any time...correct? Well, if you acutally respond to this thank you in advance.

Old 01-17-2002, 08:04 PM   #2
Inactive

whitewolf95 HB User
Re: Pregnancy Test

Tests have to be done certain ways to be accurate. No if you are pregnant you cant take the test at anytime to get an accurate results.
By they way your bf has a PENIS and you have a VULVA(outside area of the vagina) simple words especially to type.
Also just because two periods have started on the same days doesnt mean you are regular...regular means your period comes on time every month. Also in regualr they mean the same number of days during the cycle. Hence people sayng they have a 28 day cycle or one that comes every 22 to 24 days. That is regular.
Also a cycle is counted from the first day of your period to the first day of your next period. The bleeding itself is a part of that cycle,not just the cycle in itself.
There are two ways to take a pregnancy test. One the most popular way is on the first day of your missed period. Or the second way is about 20 days after the sexual contact that might have gotten you pregnant.
The tests come with instructions for a reason to give you the most accurate results if you follow those directions. You see they pick up HCG in the urine and that starts being produced soon after conception but it takes the body a little while to produce enough for a test to pick up.
Why did you take a test if your period wasnt late and from what you siad havent had a penis near your vulva without a condom?? Just curious.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2002, 05:27 AM   #3

blondie2001 HB User

I just wanted to make sure that everything was in order. Sorry, I do take care of myself. Oh, and you really did't have to be rude, and I really don't know why you were becuase there was no need to be. But, I guess I'm not since my bf used two condoms and his *** didn't get anywhere near or in my vigina, and we had intercourse on the last day of my period, and I took the test about two weeks after...that would be 14 days and you said 20. Thanks, but the next time I put up a post, don't reply to it.

Old 01-18-2002, 07:38 AM   #4
Inactive

hillarynotclinton HB User

hmmmmmmmm. whitewolf, I still luv ya. You have the best advice ever. Ive noticed you on the other boards too giving advice-you are like the voice of reason around here to me.

Old 01-18-2002, 10:10 AM   #5
Inactive

whitewolf95 HB User

First I wasnt being rude. Too bad you saw it that way.

Second of you bf did wrong by using two condoms. That will cause them to break,use only one condom at a time. The friction between two condoms rubbing together will cause them to break.

As for the only waiting 14 days sorry that isnt long enough like I said about 20 days after the sex. If your periods on regular the day you took the test would have been about the time you ovulated. That wont make the test wrong but still it wasnt taken correctly.

Last but not least you dont own the boards so telling me not to reply when this is a public forum doesnt mean much to me. You asked for advice I gave it. If you dont like my post fine no skin off my nose. Now I was being rude in this last paragraph. I wasnt being rude in my first post just giving info. If you read iit as rude oh well that is your right. But I will say I wasnt being rude.

BTW thanks Hillarynotclinton....at least someone still does...LOL<p>[This message has been edited by whitewolf95 (edited 01-18-2002).]

Old 01-18-2002, 11:37 AM   #6

Molly M HB User

I just wanted to say that you can take a pregnancy test earlier than they say on the instructions. Many times there will be a positive result as early as 7 to 10 days. I just talked to my midwife yesterday about that exact thing because I told her that I took it at 8 days after I believed we conceived. She said yes, many times a pregnant woman will get a positive as early as that. And now I found out through an ultrasound that I was exactly on-to the day-when we conceived. So that makes it true that you can take tests earlier than they instruct you to. But, take it from me, you can spend a lot of money on tests.Most people wait until they miss their period because if there isn't a positive result by then, you most likely are not pregnant.

------------------
Molly H.

Closed Thread