It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2002, 09:32 AM   #1

bitterglitter HB User
Pregnant or worried??

I have a question similar to breakerfall's. I have been on the pill for a while so my periods haven't been regular. Last week I had a very short period. It was two days and I only bled at night, and only a little bit. It seemed very odd. I have since stopped taking the pill altogether because I thought that if my period was going to come then I should start a new pack and try to get my cycle regular.

Now, I am having some strange symptoms, such as terrible headaches, sore breasts (if I touch them it is uncomfortable, but not too painful), increased vaginal discharge (clear), slight nausea (not too bad), feeling like I am going to burst into tears for no reason. I had a really strange dream last night-I dreamt that I looked at my breasts in the mirror and they were purple like bruises. I think this is because I kept looking at them in the mirror to see if they are getting darker (I read that that is a sign). OH, that was weird!

I'm pretty scared. I do want a baby, but the problem is that my boyfriend (of two years) doesn't.
I haven't taken a test because I think it is too early and also I am kind of too scared to find out.

Does this sound pregnant or just worried? I am also scared to start taking the pill again in case I am pregnant-can it cause harm?

Thanks a lot. I am driving myself nuts here, so any input would be appreciated~!

<p>[This message has been edited by bitterglitter (edited 01-28-2002).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2002, 12:26 PM   #2
Inactive

whitewolf95 HB User
Re: Pregnant or worried??

It could be pregnancy or it could you being too worried. The only way to tell either way is by taking a test.
You can wait about 20 days after the sex you think you might have gotten pregnant from and take a test. Or if you really want to ease your mind you can go to your doctor or planned parenthood clinic and get a blood test. Those can be taken a week after conception and be accurate with the results.
It will cost more than a home test but it could be worth it to ease your mind.

Closed Thread