It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2002, 11:33 AM   #1
(female)

blueshore99 HB User
Ovulation Predictor Tests

Just wondering what people's experience is with ovulation predictor tests. Are they really as accurate as they claim? I know they won't help me get pregnant but my dh and I are just starting to ttc and I figured if I know exactly when it's happening it may increase our chances, TIA!

Old 02-10-2002, 12:36 PM   #2
Unregistered

Re: Ovulation Predictor Tests

I have used them 2x and got pregnant both times... so they have worked for me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2002, 12:46 PM   #3

TheTrueDiva HB User

I spent a fortune on those things and they never worked for me. I actually almost gave up after 5 years of trying and crying, and then I downloaded LifeCycles from ********.com and I was pregnant that month. Go figure. I am still in shock. Best of luck to you!

Old 02-10-2002, 04:25 PM   #4

Molly M HB User

They worked for me! I have irregular, long, cycles. I tried one during one month, and started testing too early. The next month I waited and started testing and sure enough, I got a positive and turns out we conceived probably that day or the next. I have read in articles that they are very accurate. A false result could happen if you are already pregnant though. Good luck. And they are not that expensive anymore. I think I found one that was 15 or 16 bucks. Each box has 5 test sticks and you take one every other day once you figure out when to start taking them so there's a 10 day period there. If you have regular cycles, it should be easy. Good luck,

------------------
Molly H.

Old 02-10-2002, 07:15 PM   #5

Purrbaby HB User

What really worked for me the first time was the Clear Plan thing. It cost like $200 though. Personally, I have heard of many women using the body temp thing and checking their mucus. Personally, I was too busy..no matter how bad I wanted a baby.

------------------
Smile, life doesn't last that long.

Old 02-10-2002, 11:16 PM   #6
Inactive

whitewolf95 HB User

I hated them,in other words they didnt work for me. What did work was charting my temp. I didnt check the mucus just charted my temp every morning. Which for me wasnt hard...hubby got up before me so I had him wake me and hand me the thermometer and took my temp. I have one of the digital ones so it would save the previous temp. So I could do it without even fully waking up. Then I would drift off back to sleep. When I got up a few hours later I would look at it and put the little dot where I needed to on the chart and was done for the day. I was in my fith month of charting when I got pregnant.
Though I have started to use the Lifecycle progam so that it keeps track of my charts for me.
It varies for everyone.
Here is a good site that can help with info. <A HREF="http://www.infertilityplus.org" TARGET=_blank>www.infertilityplus.org</A>
Fair warning though try not to think of it as trying...think of the love you are sharing with you hubby. It is a very harsh frame of mind to get caught up in the ttc and can tear you up in more ways than one. That is like with us we are going for number three. but I have promised myself not to get caught up in so much. Hard promise to keep when I think how long it took to get our second son but I cant go through that emotional tornado again.
So enjoy the love making and each other and it will happen before you know it.

Closed Thread