It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2002, 12:42 PM   #1

just wondering HB User
Curious about infertility-could you answer

I am 25 years old. My husband and I are not planning to have kids until he finishes school, which is 5 years from now. However, I am a little concerned about that particular plan for one reason. I have very irregular periods, sometimes I can go 4 months without one. I am not overweight, underweight or so active that I cannot have a menstrual cycle. Therefore, I don't really know what the cause would be. My doctor said not to worry but for some reason abnormal cycles do not seem "normal". I am just worried that if we wait that long and it is hard for me to have kids that we would have waited too long and then I will be 40 by the time we have our first child. I know that a lot of women can have a baby at a later age but I also know that the risks are more. I really want to give the best chances for our future child. Has anyone else concieved with abnormal cycles? and if so how long did it take? By the way I chart for natural birth control and I don't think that I ovulate. My temprature never changes.

Old 01-16-2002, 04:12 PM   #2
Inactive

Nicksmom HB User
Re: Curious about infertility-could you answer

I have a friend that has a simular problem and her doctor put her on some medication to make her ovulate so she can concieve. I believe it's clomid. So there is stuff out there that can help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-17-2002, 04:46 PM   #3
(female)

reginaalear HB Userreginaalear HB Userreginaalear HB User

I had,have the same problem with my last daughter it took me a year and a half to concieve. i know what you mean about the risk of being older when you get like 35 there is a high risk of having a baby with downs. after 35 the risk gets higher. i would try to have one sooner if that is possiable. but that is just my thoughts. i know how it would be to have a child with a disability. i have two and it is hard to do. about the irregular cycles. i have had those since i had my first daughter i am not sure why, but i like you want to get that straightend out. thank you, regina

Old 01-26-2002, 09:24 AM   #4

Lori A HB User

I had this exact problem about 8 years ago and my doctor put me on birth control pills. this regulated my cycle. I stopped taking the birth control pills May/2001. my cycle was regular ( around 28-35 days) and then I missed my period for the month of December. I hope this was just stressed related. We are now trying to conceive so I will let you know how long it takes. I dont' think doctors should ignore this problem because you are right irregular periods is abnormal. since birth control pills worked for me I think this was a lack of hormones. take care.

Closed Thread