It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2002, 03:04 AM   #1
(female)

gravity HB User
help on IUD

I need help. I've used the Norplant birth control for the past 10 years, now my doctor says their no longer offering that. I'm curious about the IUD and was wondering if anyone out there has any feedback on this type of BC. I've read up on all the brochures and medical pamphlets but I want real life stories, good / bad / ????????????

Old 02-08-2002, 09:57 AM   #2

maggie113 HB User
Re: help on IUD

I've been looking into IUD for myself for after my baby is born. Whitewolf gave a great link to some info on my post about it. I'll see if I can't find it.

------------------
Maggie 26
Josh 23
Madeline 3/4/99
Charlie /5/24/00
#3 Katrina Rose EDD 4/29/02

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2002, 05:15 PM   #3

Purrbaby HB User

In some baby magizines they were talking about some new IUD they came out with. Sounded good. But since my hubby is having a little snip snip done..I don't know much about it. The thing was Medina or Medesa..something like that....shoot I can't remember anything anymore!!

------------------
Smile, life doesn't last that long.

Old 02-08-2002, 08:27 PM   #4
(female)

gravity HB User

we thought about sniping but we might want another baby in a year or two - just depends. i guess the biggest thing i have about the IUD is having something in my private area with a string hanging down. the mental thought is just wierd.

Old 02-09-2002, 06:26 PM   #5
Inactive

Shaelle HB User

Hey don't worry about the string. I was worried about it too, like a tampon catching on it while pulling one out, never happened though. But you don't even know it's there. It's much like very thin fishing string, or like that plastic string that they use on some comforters. I always had a hard time finding them or even feeling them. My husband never felt them with either his fingers or penis. They are not stiff hard strings or thick threads of cotton, they just kind of float around in there like hair in water.

My husband is sure that he doesn't want anymore kids, so I am not too worried about birth control after we have our baby - he plans on getting fixed. If he does, then there is no reason for me to worry about bc. But I would definately consider it as an option again, even though the thought of having go through those first few months were rough. It's a matter of how easy it is for long term bc that made it worth it.

Old 02-09-2002, 08:12 PM   #6
(female)

gravity HB User

wow, i didn't realize the string would be that thin. the tampon and sex thing was a big issue - i was just too embarassed to say so - Thanks for sharing that info. i think most of my worries are at ease now. Thanks to everyone for all the input. aloha

Closed Thread