It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2002, 04:53 PM   #1
(female)

reginaalear HB Userreginaalear HB Userreginaalear HB User
nothing to do with pregnancy!! help!!

Could anyone tell me what the reason is that causes women to have irregular cycles. i have had them since i had my first daughter. is there medicine that can help? i had regular cycles until i had my daughter. see mine are usually one to 4 months apart. i was told to go on the birth control pill but they give me a headache. and my husband had a vasectomy and i don't want him to think i am cheating on him. i love him very much and i don't want to loose him over something like that. so does anyone know what med. i could ask my dr. about for that? any help is appreciated. thanks, regina

Old 01-17-2002, 05:13 PM   #2

blondie2001 HB User
Re: nothing to do with pregnancy!! help!!

Alot of things can cause irregular periods. Such as: Stress, illness, exercise, and sometimes even weather conditions! You just need to explain to your doctor whats going on. You could also be in the early stages of menapause...but, if you explain to your doctor and he/she understands, then they will prescribe you something to help.

Hope I helped in some way!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2002, 09:51 AM   #3

Molly M HB User
Re: nothing to do with pregnancy!! help!!

I have had the same problem all my fertile life. Although since I had my daughter, my periods got more regular. I would sometimes go for months at a time before having a period. I was also put on the pill, but the reactions my body (and mind) had to it was not worth it. There are herbs which are used to help with regularity of the menstrual cycle if you are interested in trying that route. Chaste Tree Berry (Vitex) has shown to regulate the menstrual cycle in many women. It must be taken as directed and for about three months continuous before any improvement usually shows. Also Angelica is used for this, but I am not sure of the dose or how long it takes to start working. Make sure you are getting plenty of healthful food, drink at least 8 glasses of water a day, and take a multivitamin to be sure you are getting enough. Nutrition is important, as we all know. If you look into the herbs I told you about, you will find a lot of information about them. Good luck to you.

------------------
Molly H.

Closed Thread