It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2002, 03:21 PM   #1

LONELY810 HB User
what's hormone imbalance?

does anyone know what a hormone imbalance is or anything about it? can u still get pregnant if you have one? can it cause bleeding?

Old 02-23-2002, 06:36 PM   #2

Molly M HB User
Re: what's hormone imbalance?

It means an imbalance between estrogen and progesterone. If the balance isn't right it can cause you to have irregular periods, or bleeding between periods. You'd have to ask your doctor about it or read about it if you want to understand the cycle and which hormone dominates at which time in the cycle. Maybe someone else on this board can help you understand better, but I don't want to spew information that isn't correct, so I'll just leave it at that.

------------------
Molly H.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2002, 04:12 PM   #3

BeckieS HB User
Re: what's hormone imbalance?

I have been dealing with a hormonal imbalance for the last 3 years. It can cause a lot of different things. Bleeding can be one of them. Also Chronic Fatigue, Mood Swings, Headaches, vision problems, crying/depression, and a slew of other things. I don't know if it's true, but my doctor actually suggested pregnancy to hormone replacement therapy because 'I'm so young' (27) and he felt there was some chance that it would balance back out. When I asked him if it would make it more difficult to get pregnant, he said no. (Now, that's his opinion I think. I've often wondered if he was right). I don't have the website bookmarked anymore, but if you go to Ask Jeeves and just type in 'symptoms of hormonal imbalance' you should find some helpful information.
Sorry I couldn't be more help.
Beckie

Closed Thread