It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2002, 08:05 AM   #1

mango981 HB User
Fainting

Had a really bad day yesterday. Passed out three times in less than an hour, was sweating profusidly, and was sick a lot - worst thing was i was at an indoor shopping centre at the time.

Anyone know what could have caused this? I am 12 weeks, weigh 7 stone, but am eating well and have not missed any meals.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2002, 08:36 AM   #2

~mandy~ HB User
Re: Fainting

Go see your doctor asap. It could be nothing, it could be something. Faiting (unless you have some pre-existing medical condition that causes it)is not normal durring pregnancy. If you can't get in to see your doctor then i would suggest the emergency room. Just to be on the safe side.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2002, 01:37 PM   #3
Inactive

hillarynotclinton HB User

Ive passed out a couple of times with this pregnancy, mainly in the first trimester. First time was on my honey moon, and I attributed it to lack of sleep, exhaustion, and having not eaten yet that day. Second time was under similiar circumstances. As long as I take care of myself (which I dont always do well) it doesnt happen. Unfortunately, with work and housework, and a small child, I dont always get what I need in terms of sleep or rest.

Old 03-13-2002, 07:42 PM   #4

Purrbaby HB User

I passed out many times when preg. with my son. I would go straight to a doc and make sure it has nothing to do with your heart. Not to scare you but they will give you an EKG to be safe. I found that my reason for this was getting overheated..mostly in an indoor place..and not eating good foods. I had to keep my water bottle close by and some fruit or crackers of some sort. This did keep the fainting at bay. Another thing I had to start doing is not going to the mall when it could be crowded. All the people and the lack of air circulation made me pass out constantly. Checking with your doc would be a good idea.

------------------
Smile, life doesn't last that long.

Old 03-14-2002, 05:01 PM   #5

AngeliqueM HB User

Actually Faintness and dizziness is fairly common in pregnancy.
In the first trimester, dizziness may be related to a blood supply that is inadequate to fill the rapidly expanding circulatory system, in the 2nd trimester it may be caused by the expanding uterus on blood vessels, the presure of it may cause it. Dizziness can occur anytime you rise from a sitting or prone position.

Also, low blood sugar can cause it, I know you didn't skip meals, but just in case you feel this again, carry something with protien and sugar in it, or raisens, some fruit, or crackers.
If your in a store, like purbaby said, it might be an overheated store, especially if you are over dressed, get some fresh air, by going out sider or opeining a window, or just do the head between the legs thing.

Tell your doctor about any dizziness/faintness you may have when you see them next. But since you actually fainted, yes you should report that promptly, it could be anemia or other illness that needs to be checked. Good luck!
~Angie

Old 03-15-2002, 11:09 AM   #6

babygirl55 HB User

try taking someracers along with you from now on & smewater. I read up on that & its caused by not eating for long periods of time. wen you're pregnant the baby takes the most of the food, & nuetrians along with it. You still might want to visit your doctor or call him.

Closed Thread