It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2002, 10:13 AM   #1

Sweetie HB User
anyone ever have a midwife? Need advice.

Hi everyone. I guess I need some advice. This is my 3rd pregnancy and my doctor's office now offers that you can have a midwife deliver your baby. It is a busy practice and so the benefits (according to them)are that a midwife will spend more time with you at each appointment, help you through your labor by being present most of the time & being open to trying different things. My first delivery was a C-section, the 2nd a VBAC with my dr. delivering (wonderful man)but basicly just checking on me now an then and showing up to deliver. I guess the idea of having someone to be more helpful is appealing but Do I really need it? The reason I ask is that I'm not into pain and want to have an epidural if I need it. The midwife is ok with this but would not be there as much if I had that. I'm just very confused. The midwife I have been seeing is nice and all but I don't feel some great connection to her. Am I supposed to? There is another midwife in the office or I can switch back to my dr. I don't want to hurt the feelings of the person I'm seeing now by switching to her partner. Especially if the first one ends up delivering anyway. Whoever is on call will deliver. My husband is worried that he'll feel uncomfortable with her around all the time during labor. I told him he'd have to meet her and develop a realtinship like I'm doing. I'm just confused. If any of you have had experience with a midwife, good or bad, I'd love to hear from you. thanks

Tracy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2002, 10:58 AM   #2
Inactive

hillarynotclinton HB User
Re: anyone ever have a midwife? Need advice.

I never feel a great connection with my doctors, but I like them all the same. The one I have now, I love, but Im not CLOSE with her or anything. I just know she is doing a good job, and trust her or whoever else within her practice may be there to deliver my baby. With my first pregnancy, I saw a midwife, and was delivered by a doctor. It was a good experience. I just dont worry too much about it, I go with my gut, pick the person carefully (usually within a practice with a good reputation in our community) and reserve the right to switch if I dont like the doc or midwife. Ive never had any problems, either way. Good luck to you.

The Following User Says Thank You to hillarynotclinton For This Useful Post:
mushka60 (09-21-2012)
Closed Thread