It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2002, 11:14 PM   #1

kelly78 HB User
scared ... worried please reply

ok so im about 7 weeks pregnant and last friday i noticed a trinkle of blood so i rushed straight to er and felt continuous trinkles all the way there well once i was in the bed about 30 minutes after the first trinkle of blood ... the blood stopped and then it was a brown discharge barely spotting for about an hour... stopped after that and since i have no more spotting whatsoever but... at the hospital they performed blood work a pap and an ultrasound ..
doctor said he didnt notice much blood during pap the ultrasound showed me my little peanut with a heartbeat radiologist said he seen some blood around the uterus but said he had seen tis before in early pregnancy blood work came back showing that my hcg level had doubled since the hcg that was taken 2 days prior to the bleeding.
i have had some cramping all through this whole pregnancy so far nothing bad and nothing different before or after bleeding but im curious .. has anyone ever had this happen to them??? what was the outcome???i seem to be running to the bathroom alot to check for blood ... is it possible to have miscarried after leaving the hospital with no cramping and bleeding ??? im afraid to lose this baby i have had 2 previous pregnancies both really good pregnancies til the 9 month when i was diagnosed with pre-eclampsia but never early pregnancy complications. and definately never bled before ... please any feedback wouyld help me greatly and if any one has experienced this please let me know the outcomes good or bad... thanks alot!
also my blood work came back showing no abnormalties at all doctor said it is a normal pregnancy ... but said he couldnt tell me if i would still miscarry or not... im so scared?!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2002, 08:45 AM   #2

Sweetie HB User
Re: scared ... worried please reply

I can only tell you about my experiences and hope it gives you a little peace of mind. I had a miscariage at 8 wks. with my 1st pregnancy. I had been bleeding off & on and had a few ultrasounds until finally the heartbeat was no longer there. I was scheduled for a D&C the following monday, but the miscarriage began on Sunday. There was an incredible amount of blood and VERY bad cramps. So you don't sound like your having one to me. With my 2nd & 4th pregnacies I had some blood early on but it was brownish. I was told that if it's brownish it's simply old blood & nothing to worry about. I had cramping with all and have been told that's normal too. I hop ethis helps you in some way. Good luck!

Old 02-20-2002, 09:19 AM   #3

UpTite HB User
Re: scared ... worried please reply

My friend had the same thing as you, bleeding (not just spotting) during early pregnancy, and everything turned out fine with her. Her baby was healthy and she even went on to have another in a couple of years. She never knew the reason. Cramping, as you probably have heard is very, very common during early pregnancy, and may not be related to your bleeding. If the doctor says everything is fine you should believe him and try not to worry too much. If you had a miscarriage after leaving the hospital, I believe you would know it. I have a few friends who have miscarried, and it seems like it's usually something you can't miss. Good luck with everything.

Closed Thread