It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2002, 05:00 PM   #1

Aerosmith22 HB User
Fetal heartbeat, but negative urine pregnancy test - UPDATE!

My fiance came back from the doctor with strange news....

They started with a urine test.... came back 20 minutes later and said all was normal... Then they started questioning and doing paper work, nurse stepped in and said it was negative...amanda got upset, and talked about all her symptoms... They then decided to listen for a heartbeat and they found a heartbeat..seemed normal enough..but urine test was negative all the way...she is 9 1/2 weeks pregnant..is it possible hcg levels would of tappered off antrually by now? ...is there a condition that will show hcg in the blood easily but has a hard tiem to detect it in urine? her hpt's have been getting fainter and fainter but her symptoms of pregnancy keep progressing and now they confirmed it with a heartbeat... she got this test late in the afternoon..... they are taking blood to see what the results are in a blood test but we wont know until next week....

Were scared senseless, here is this little fetus, arms legs, fingers, toes, eyelids, nose, digestive track, heartbeat, blood flowing...and we dont want to loost him/her...anyone have any opinions..has this happened to anyone?? thanks for your time..

Old 01-16-2002, 08:44 PM   #2
Inactive

Shaelle HB User
Re: Fetal heartbeat, but negative urine pregnancy test - UPDATE!

I was about 11 weeks for my first visit with my first. I knew I was pregnant, I took tests at home and hadn't had a period in many weeks. I went to the OBGYN and they gave me a pregnancy test. Negative. Everything looked normal. They reviewed my last period and symptoms andthen gave me an ultrasound vaginally. Sure enough, there she was, a perfect little girl. Now 7 years old. Hang in there. You can only do what is in your power, most of it is out of your hands.

Good Luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread