It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2003, 08:23 PM   #1

newlittlemomma HB User
I cant feel the kicks... is that bad?

I am 18 wks pregnant and don't think I've felt a thing. This is my first pregnancy, but I heard that if you have a small frame(like me) you can feel it. Am I feeling it and just dont know? help me

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-07-2003, 09:13 PM   #2

crazy2tryagain HB User
Re: I cant feel the kicks... is that bad?

New Momma: Sometimes (especially in the first 4-5mths), you aren't going to feel "kicks". It may feel a little more like gas bubbles. Or Imagine tapping your index finger on the outside of your belly really really lightly. That's more realistic. I wouldn't worry about not feeling anything yet. If this is your first one, you probably just don't realize that what your feeling is actually movement. They say that most women don't notice until 18-20 weeks, but again, that can vary according to the person.
It will be o.k. Good luck! -J

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-07-2003, 09:26 PM   #3
Veteran

wattagirl HB User

new momma-i am 19-20 wks and i feel very light movements only-if this were my first pregnancy i probably wouldn't even notice them-give your self a little more time-and congrats

Old 02-07-2003, 10:48 PM   #4

dinhtran HB User

Didn't feel anything till 22 weeks.

Serena

Old 02-08-2003, 08:25 AM   #5

phja HB User

hi.i felt movement at 14-16 weeks, tiny little fluttering,definitely could've been missed. don't worry, give it time, you 'll feel it when you least expect it.maybe you have a nice mellow baby...mine didn't like to sleep for a year.

Old 02-08-2003, 09:10 AM   #6

newlittlemomma HB User

thanks ladies! it was really weird, i was up late last nite having a heated arguement with my DH and lying on my back, with my hands on my stomach i could feel the little movements. it coincided with things i felt on the inside too. it was soooo amazing, i want him/her to move like that and make me smile during a fight more often.

------------------
EDD July 9th

Closed Thread