It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2002, 09:38 PM   #1

Klein HB User
Post birth problems...or is it unrelated?? Need advice nonetheless.

Hello all!
My sister just had a baby around 3 months ago. Ever since she has developed two problems (it may just be a coincidence or possibly related to her birth):

1) Her left-hand wrist bone (the bone on thumb side) has developed pain. It is protruding out sharply and if she has her hand in a certain position it will hurt.

2) Her left foot is now developing some pain around the ankle area where you can feel the nerve (or is it a vain?). If she puts a lot of pressure on it there will be pain, therefore, she cannot walk a lot.

She is carrying her baby around a lot and these problems are affecting her ability to do so.

Has anyone experienced this or something similiar?? Does anyone have any advice?? Do anyone have an idea as to what the problem(s) is/are??

Thank you very much!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2002, 03:48 PM   #2

Molly M HB User
Re: Post birth problems...or is it unrelated?? Need advice nonetheless.

The first problem you mentioned I had too, soon after my baby was born and for many months. There is a term for it, which I found in a medical book, but I can't remember it. My wrist, on the inside, hurt and began protruding out. I think it was caused by getting my baby into and out of the car seat! When my baby was finally old enough to walk the pain started dissappearing and my inner bone started to level out. I read that if the problem persists, it can be damaging. I will try to find that condition in the book I have and let you know what it is called. As for her ankle, I can't help there. Good luck,

------------------
Molly H.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread