It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2002, 10:46 PM   #1

kelly78 HB User
just tested positive TWICE

hi i am really new here i have been rading all the postings to see if i could find anything that i was going thru too... theres alot of things that just deem common in pregnancy .. with everyone.
well i suspected pregnancy for the past week and finally got the nerve to test today the first test came out positive but i wasnt try to believe it so i did another and that too was positive... now i iknow the test say i am pregnant i even have the symptoms but i just cant believe it... it doesnt seem real to me yet. my question is .. has anyone else felt this way.. is it possible to get 2 false positives???
any feedback would help thanks alot.

Old 02-07-2002, 05:06 AM   #2

Lori A HB User
Re: just tested positive TWICE

Hi Kelly
Congrats!!!!!!!!!! This is such good news. I heard that you are more likely to get an incorrect negative result than positive. so don't worry it sounds like it is REAL. Good luck with everything
Lori

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-07-2002, 08:52 AM   #3
Inactive

whitewolf95 HB User

The only times false positives come into the picture is when you are taking certain fertility drugs or if you dont read the test right andmistake an evporation line for a positive line.
So you need to call your regular doctor or gyno to get a refferal to a ob/gyno. You need to have a doctor go ahead and confirm the pregnancy and start your prenatal care if you are going to have the baby. It migh be a few weeks until a docotr can get you in so start taking care of yourself such as eating right and taking prenatal vitamins.

Old 02-07-2002, 10:31 AM   #4

kelly78 HB User

yes i just called doctor and i go in for the first appointment on the 21st of february but them my prenatal doesnt start til march 18th.. its becoming more real to me now... still hard to believe this pregnancy wasnt planned at all ..just thankful i found out early enough to have the full nine months to plan... thanks all for the feedback.

Old 02-07-2002, 05:50 PM   #5

Purrbaby HB User

Congrats Kelly!! This one wasn't planned for me either!! It is kinda hard to believe when you don't plan it!! I know you must be excited. I asked my stepmom the false positive question the other day. I have to get my blood test done Mon. I worry if it might be false and I have gotten my hopes up. But my stepmom assured me there is more of a chance that I am than the test being wrong. The only way it could be wrong is 1. you did the test wrong 2. you have a cancer of some sort 3. you are on certain drugs. You can safely assume none of these are the prob.!! You are having a baby...kinda unreal, huh??

------------------
Smile, life doesn't last that long.

Closed Thread