It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2003, 08:58 PM   #1

PynkPryncezz17 HB User
Is This Normal?

Hello, I'm 17 and my name is Trista. I have a few questions to ask about being pregnant:

is it normal to have a white discharge coming from your vagina it kind of looks like egg whites, but there is no odor?

i have a little itching feeling around my clitoris after i wipe, is this normal? I'm told that it can just be dry or something.

I've had a nose bleed, I actually never heard of getting them when you're pregnant, is it normal?

I hope someone can help me out I'd really appreciate it., thanks for your advice.

------------------
Trista

Old 02-12-2003, 09:03 PM   #2
Veteran

kellie1978 HB User
Re: Is This Normal?

Hi Trista,

As far as i know there is nothing wrong with discharge i have read quite a few posts that say it is normal, you really only have to worry when it changes colour or it smells.

Im not sure on the itchy though.

I have also read that while pregnant you are more prone to nose bleeds and bleeding gums as well.

I hope this reassures you some.

Kellie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2003, 09:10 PM   #3

PynkPryncezz17 HB User

Hey thanks for the advice, I thought that the discharge thing was normal but I wasn't too sure and I just wanted to check it out. There is no color change to it or an odor so I guess I'm ok. Some of my friends have told me that I'm itching around my clitoris because it's dry skin or it's just irritated because it's sensative. I'm sure it's nothing serious though. Again thanks for the advice.

------------------
Trista

Old 02-12-2003, 11:04 PM   #4
Inactive

siren24 HB User

I have the same discharge and it's normal to pregnancy and believe it or not, a natural anti bacterial to keep you from getting infections that could harm the baby. Interesting fact: you may ask why you don't have the discharge all the time, only in pregnancy if it prevents infection? It's because it kills sperm. That's what I've read. It's amazing all the things the human body is equiped to do. Also, about the nosebleeds, I have had plenty of them. Mine are really coming from my sinuses, which have stayed irritated through this whole pregnancy. But my doc said that a pregnancy hormone causes more blood to be released and all vessels to dilate and be closer to the surface, so it makes perfect sense that soft tissues like sinuses, noses, and gums bleed. About the itchy thing, I have no idea. Just make sure you're not getting an infection. I've heard yeast infections are pretty common during pregnancy (due, interestingly, to the discharge that kills the bacteria, because bacteria keeps yeast at bay.) so you may just want to make sure it doesn't get worse.

Old 02-14-2003, 12:11 PM   #5

jennylyn85 HB User

hey im pregnant and 17 to. my worry was tummy pains. and im due august 17. ill be 18 by then though.
good luck

Old 02-15-2003, 02:01 PM   #6
Inactive

Eeyore II HB User

Welcome to the boards and yes they are both normal and nothing to worry about. chances are you will have them the entire time.
Jennylyn welcome also and oyu can join our july/august due date club here.

------------------
EDD-AUGUST 15
WISHIN FOR A BABY GIRL

Closed Thread