It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2002, 10:03 PM   #1

Purrbaby HB User
Extremely sick and need help!!

I was wondering if anyone has had or knows someone who has had a 24 hr virus that causes extreme nausea. I was throwing up exactly every 15 min. I had to go to the hospital and they started and IV and gave me meds. for the nausea..which didn't help. Almost to the hour it started it stopped. I was wondering if anyone knew about this b/c I have a small son at home and I would hate for him to get his. And now I don't have to tinkle as much and I'm worried all the sickness hurt my little sprout. The docs wouldn't have done anything that would hurt the baby right?? I mean I was on the ob floor b/c I thought it was just severe morning sickness. I guess I'm just worried..that's what mother''s are supposed to do right?? LOL??

------------------
Smile, life doesn't last that long.

Old 02-22-2002, 06:25 AM   #2
Inactive

hillarynotclinton HB User
Re: Extremely sick and need help!!

I got a 24 hour virus a couple of weeks ago, with bad stomach pain and diahrrea. It ended up lasting a week and I ended up at the hospital very very dehydrated. Noone else in my household got it. The docs gave me a shot of something for my stomach, an iv, and monitered the baby for a while. We are fine. I worried that the dehydration would hurt the baby, but she and i are now back and better than ever. I had also lost weight, and worried about that as well, but Im right back up to where I need to be. Unfortunately, when you get sick while pregnant, it tends to be worse than usual, and you have to worry about the baby as well. My stomach hurt so bad I started thinking that it was preterm labor or something. Thank god it wasnt. I was in tears on my way to the hospital because I was so scared. Take care.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread