It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2002, 08:05 AM   #1
(female)

Sunshine709 HB User
bleeding

I'm almost 3 months pregnant and just woke up today bleeding.. is this a sign of miscarriage? any info will be greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-04-2002, 09:51 AM   #2

Molly M HB User
Re: bleeding

Bleeding during pregnancy is something we all fear. The thing is that sometimes it's just spotting, and other times it's more serious. If you are bleeding a lot, you need to tell your doctor. Even if you are not bleeding a lot, I would tell your doctor anyway. If a miscarriage is occurring, there's really no stopping it. There are other reasons for bleeding, like having a "period", which is very uncommon, but does happen. They say if there is bleeding accompanied by cramps that it could be a miscarriage. Have you had any cramping? I am sorry in advance if you are having a miscarriage. I had one last year and didn't know that the fetus died. I never actually miscarried. I waited and waited, but finally I decided to have a D&C. Luckily I am pregnant again, and this time everything seems ok. If you are miscarrying, know that it really has no bearing on a next pregnancy. Every one is different. Let's assume you are not miscarrying until you see your doctor and maybe get an ultrasound. Good luck, and my heart goes out to you. Hopefully all will be ok. Let us know.

------------------
Molly H.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-04-2002, 11:18 PM   #3

Purrbaby HB User
Re: bleeding

I had cramping, bleeding and fainting early on and through out my preg. It was never a miscarriage but each time my doc wanted me to rush in a be checked. It didn't matter if it was 2 in the morning or 2 in the afternoon. My son came out fine. Of course I was a nervous wreck the WHOLE time. My stepmom on the other hand bleed heavily like I did from early on and finally had an emergency c-section at 6 1/2 months. My brother was born and lived 4 1/2 months but later died of heart failure. So sometimes bleeding can mean you need to go on bed rest or it can mean something worse. I think it is best to go to the doc and be checked. So what if anyone thinks you are being crazy(several of my friends did) go anyway and get checked. At least you can maybe have less stress if you know more about what is going on.

------------------
Smile, life doesn't last that long.

Closed Thread