It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2002, 04:25 AM   #1

mango981 HB User
Pregnant with eating disorder

Hi, i have just found out this week that i am pregnant. I am very scared because i have suffered from an eating disorder (mainly Anorexia) for around 5 years now, since i was about 15. I am a lot better now than i was, and i weigh about 6 stone 9 now.

I would like some advice from someone who's been through a similar thing. I am very worried about the weight gain, also i want to eat properly for my baby, but i don't know how to eat properly because i am still learning how to "be normal" again!

My main concern is also that i will lose the baby because i'm "too small". Please can someone help me, i really want this baby and want to do what is right.

Old 01-26-2002, 08:22 AM   #2

Lori A HB User
Re: Pregnant with eating disorder

Congrats on your pregnancy!!! I understand how you feel about the weight gain. I used to get very thin but now I am healthy and excercise regulary. I am trying to get pregnant now and I know I will worry about the weight gain. I also think that you can look the most beautiful when you are pregnant. The whole radiance and weight gain look so wonderful in a pregnant mother. I would see a Naturopath or Dietiian and they could recommend a healthy diet. I would make sure you consume the right amount of calories to have a healthy baby. Good Luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread