It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2002, 03:08 PM   #1
(female)

blueshore99 HB User
Early testing?

Hi all, I was wondering when is the earliest you can take a HPT and be positive and also what is the best kind to get? There are so many and they all claim to be early detection, didn't know if they are all equal. Thanks!

Old 01-06-2002, 03:26 PM   #2
Inactive

whitewolf95 HB User
Re: Early testing?

Well I am a big fan of the Confirm tests,I have never had those give me false negatives. When they were negative they were negative no ifs,ands,or buts about it. No matter how much I wished they werent negative.
Anyway there is some out there claimming they can detect pregnancy a week after conception. I have my doubts one these and dont know of anyone who has tried them. Also Answer tests are good too.
Now with a Confirm test on my last child it was 3 to 4 days before my period was due and it came up positive. This was about 14 to 16 days after conception.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2002, 03:38 PM   #3
(female)

blueshore99 HB User

Thanks, I will have to look for that brand, I don't remember seeing it but maybe I just wasn't looking hard enough. The other one that predicts not long after ovulation sounds cool too, if anyone has used it I'd love to know how accurate it was.

Old 01-06-2002, 05:26 PM   #4
(female)

molly1 HB User

Hi. It's strange to me because the more expensive ones don't always have the lowest level of detection. In fact, the most expensive ones had the lowest sensitivtiy! If you get one that has a detection level of 20 (the highest sensitivity), then you should be able to get a positive result between 6 and 10 days after conception. I think the level of hcg has to do with once the fertilized egg attaches to the wall of the uterus. Sometimes eggs travel slower, and some travel quicker. I'm not sure on that, but I think I read it somewhere. So that makes sence why some people get a positive result sooner than others. I got a positive result with Answer, which is actually one of the least expensive, and I was only about 10 days after conception. First response claims to be able to give results as early as 4 days sooner than others. When I looked up their sensitivity levels on this comparison I told you about, they were both 100 levels. So I am confused. Anyway, I hope this helps. Good luck.

------------------
Molly H<p>[This message has been edited by moderator3 (edited 01-06-2002).]

Closed Thread