It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2002, 06:14 AM   #1
Inactive

hillarynotclinton HB User
So how did your mom react to your pregnancy??

I was thinking back to how I told my mom about this pregnancy, and boy was it a nightmare! Hubby and I were planning on getting married when I found out I was preggers. My daughter and I were still living with my parents, and they knew I wanted to marry my hubby. When I told my mom I was pregnant, she said "That is so stupid! How stupid could you be??? Dont you know how this happens??" lol I think she was just in shock,because now shes very excited and is buying tons of baby stuff and talking about how much time me and the baby will spend at her house. I will never forget how my heart dropped all the way to the floor when she said that to me though. We joke about it now. Im 25, but I felt like a 15 year old in that moment. My mom's a marriage and family therapist who speaks her mind. Boy, did that kill me!

Old 03-01-2002, 10:05 AM   #2

Sweetie HB User
Re: So how did your mom react to your pregnancy??

With this (my 3rd)prgnancy I hestitated to tell her because I knew she would say "I told you so". Guess what? That's exactly what she said. My mom and I are very close (I'm an only child and she was a single parent)but boy does she like to be right. My husband and I had been "on the fence" about having another so we decided to let nature take it's course and I went off the pill. When nothing happened we decided that must be god's way of saying our two boys were enough. I tried to go back on the pill but was feeling sick from it. Tired of taking responsibility for the birth control all the time, I asked dh to get snipped. 3 days before the procedure I got a positive result on the test. Anyway, mom is happy now but she wasn't very supportive of my being off bc. She says if I have a girl she will have to file for bankruptcy. Little does she know I AM having a girl. Funny how much we care about what our mom's think, even after we're adults. Hillarynotclinton, I'm 35 & she can still make me feel like a kid again. Think it will be the same with our girls?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2002, 12:02 PM   #3

maggie113 HB User

My mom's reaction to when any of us girls(I have 3 sisters) tells her we are pg, she says it's time to go shopping. My mom loves that we are all giving her grandchildren. She even reacted that way when my sister came home at 21 telling her that she was pg by a guy she knew for all of 2 weeks(she has now been married to him for 8yrs). Keep in mind I come from avery Catholic family. I wouldn't trade my mom for anything!

------------------
Maggie 26
Josh 23
Madeline 3/4/99
Charlie /5/24/00
#3 Katrina Rose EDD 4/29/02

Old 03-01-2002, 01:07 PM   #4
Inactive

hillarynotclinton HB User

lol I come from a Catholic family too!

Old 03-03-2002, 04:58 AM   #5

Purrbaby HB User

Well, my mom and I don't get along and she called me after I had a c-section to tell me what a huge mistake I made and called my son IT the whole conversation. My stepmom on the other hand was tickled pink. She found out 2 weeks later she was preg.!! This time around I told my stepmom I was feeling sick when I smelled baby formula. She immediately said "you are preg." I told her I wasn't b/c I was on birth control. Well, 2 weeks later Aunt Flow didn't show and lo and behold I was preg. I called her and immediately she said "you are calling to say you are preg." and started laughing. She is shareing this preg. with me through her wisdom and laughter. Personally, I could have never wished for a better stepmom.

------------------
Smile, life doesn't last that long.

Old 03-03-2002, 05:00 AM   #6

Purrbaby HB User

Well, my mom and I don't get along and she called me after I had a c-section to tell me what a huge mistake I made and called my son IT the whole conversation. My stepmom on the other hand was tickled pink. She found out 2 weeks later she was preg.!! This time around I told my stepmom I was feeling sick when I smelled baby formula. She immediately said "you are preg." I told her I wasn't b/c I was on birth control. Well, 2 weeks later Aunt Flow didn't show and lo and behold I was preg. I called her and immediately she said "you are calling to say you are preg." and started laughing. She is shareing this preg. with me through her wisdom and laughter. Personally, I could have never wished for a better stepmom.

------------------
Smile, life doesn't last that long.

Closed Thread