It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2002, 11:28 AM   #1

orangesuede HB User
Little bit of spotting.

I am 8 weeks pregnant and i started to spot a little bit today. I went to the hospital and the doctor told me to go home and rest, that it is nothing to be concerned about. I am freaking out...is this spotting normal and nothing to be concerned about?

Old 12-20-2002, 11:41 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

autumnleaves HB User
Re: Little bit of spotting.

I am certainly not an expert but try to stay off your feet and keep an eye on it. Watch the color also. If it is brownish or brick reddish in color and there is not alot, you are probably ok. If it becomes heavier and redder and you start passing clots get to the hospital. Hopefully it is just cervical irritation and nothing to worry about. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-20-2002, 11:43 AM   #3

orangesuede HB User

Thanks very much for your help!

Old 12-20-2002, 11:51 AM   #4
Inactive

valiegirl1969 HB User

I am almost 9 weeks pg. I started spotting almost as soon as I found out I was pg. It just recently stopped about 2 days ago. Most of the time it was dark or pink but I did have two days on/off of reddish spotting. Since the docs do not know what causes this, they simply tell you that it is a threatened miscarriage, but do not worry. This is normal for some women. I also had some on/off cramping. This is my third pregnancy, and did NOT occur with my first two children. You can stay off of your feet, but this will not help if (God forbid) you are miscarrying. I will pray for you. I hope that you are simply spotting the way that i have and all will be ok. I have had three u/s since I am high risk due to diabetes and being 33 yrs old. All has been well and the baby has a good, strong heartbeat. Now he/she even has lost his/her tail and is really starting to look like a baby. I have a friend who is a nurse at a hospital, and he told me that if I ever had any minor surgery on my cervix, that sometimes scar tissue can contribute to spotting in early pregnancy, but with the growth of the uterus, it will stop as the uterus becomes a pressure dressing. This is just my experience and I hope it helps. Many women still have periods during pregnancy also. Try to relax and not worry. You are not alone and we are all rooting for ya sister !!!!!!!! take care, ~~Valerie~~

Old 12-20-2002, 12:02 PM   #5

orangesuede HB User

Thanks so much for your help. I feel better knowing that there are people going through the same thing that i am.

Old 12-20-2002, 11:05 PM   #6
(female)

shaylind HB User

One of the nurses that I worked with in the ER today told me that it's pretty common for women to spot during pregnancy. Lots of expectant mothers come in very concerned that something is very wrong and a majority of the time (as long as it's spotting and not heavy bleeding with massive clots), everything is okay. She said it would be nice if more docs would warn women that it's a possiblity (esp. following intercourse) so moms aren't scared half to death.

Old 12-23-2002, 06:33 AM   #7
Unregistered

I spotted from week 8 to week 12. I too was very worried and went to the ER 3 times. Everything ended up being fine. I'm now almost 18 weeks and doing great.

------------------
Megan - beyond excited mommy to be.
EDD: 5/29/03

Closed Thread