It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2002, 12:27 PM   #1

~mandy~ HB User
unplanned weight loss durring pregnancy

I've lost about 20-30lbs so far durring my pregnancy (this is my 3rd and i had normal weight gains with the other 2, no weight loss). THe weight loss is in part due to having no appetite for about a month (anything sugary, fatty etc really bothered my stomache), so i was eating mostly fruits and veggies.
but i am quite big for 17weeks, the baby is already up to my belly button (atleast according to one website it's big they said at 17 weeks it should only be about halfway between my hips and belly button). Anyways...does anybody know of any complications associated with weight loss durring pregnancy? I had a threatened misscarriage at 7 weeks, but other than that there have been no other complications. Anyway, just looking for any info/personal experiences with weight loss.

Old 03-17-2002, 04:50 PM   #2

Purrbaby HB User
Re: unplanned weight loss durring pregnancy

I too have had no appetite whatsoever this preg. With my son I ate like a pig and gained 55lbs. So far I have lost 10 lbs or more..I haven't weighed myself lately. My doc is not concerned about this b/c I am not throwing up anymore. He said some women eat like pigs while preg. while others can hardly eat anything and lose weight. He told me he will not worry as long as I eat often and eat healthy. He is keeping a close track on what I eat, when I eat and the babies growth but as long as that looks good he leaves me alone. He said that we need to be careful b/c weightloss is associated with low birth weight. My son was 7lbs 11oz and he doesn't want this baby under 7lbs..which could happen if I lose too much weight. That is all I know so far..I am newly preg. so I haven't had time to get into too much trouble. Oh, A friend of mine has a sister lost 30 lbs all together when she was preg. and her baby was fine he came out small..but as soon as she had the baby and could eat normally she gained the weight back plus some.

------------------
Smile, life doesn't last that long.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2002, 09:21 AM   #3

maggie113 HB User

I'm 34 weeks today and I lost about 20lbs in the beginning due to no appetite and cutting out pop. Unfortunately, w/o really going crazy w/junk food, in the past month I've gained alot. My ob says it's just my body's way of catching up. She isn't worried, so I'm not. BTW, this is my third, too, and I've measured big from the get-go. I wouldn't worry too much.<p>[This message has been edited by maggie113 (edited 03-18-2002).]

Old 03-18-2002, 03:29 PM   #4

~mandy~ HB User

Hi
thanks for your replies. I guess i'm just paranoid...with the pregnancy getting off to a rough start (i had only known i was pregnant for about a week when i had the bleeding), and my other 2 went so well i'm not quite sure how to deal with complications, lol. So far baby is growing fine and i have some extra weight anyways...so i guess i shouldn't be too worried. Thanks, :0)

Closed Thread