It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2002, 11:30 PM   #1

fingerscrossed HB User
Has anyone had this happen?

Has anyone had this happen to them? Several days after my husband and I ttc when I was ovulating, my breasts became engourged (sp?) and now they are sore. Also I've had a temp of 99.1 in the evenings for about 4 days following ovulation, which is unusual. Im not due for my period for another 10 days. Has anyone had the high temp and find out they are pregnant? or engourged breasts immed following ovulation? This is new to me.
Thanks in advance for any responses.

Old 01-02-2002, 10:43 AM   #2
Inactive

whitewolf95 HB User
Re: Has anyone had this happen?

Ok first you dont take the temp in the evening because it wont be accurate. When charting your cycle you take your temp in the morning before you get out of bed. Because when you start moving around your body temp naturally goes up. So dont trust the high temp as a sign of being pregnant since you have been taking it in the evening...unless of course you also have been taking it in the morning and the morning temp stays high after ovulation.
As for sore breasts taht can vary fro each woman and from pregnancy to pregnancy. I know with my first pregnancy i never had sore breasts but with my second they started hurting during my third week of pregnancy.
Check out this site. There is a section about Basal Body charting. <A HREF="http://www.fertilityplus.org" TARGET=_blank>www.fertilityplus.org</A>

<p>[This message has been edited by whitewolf95 (edited 01-02-2002).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2002, 05:37 PM   #3
(female)

molly1 HB User

Actually, I thought your temp remained higher until the start of your period. That is what I understand. Or if you are pregnant. Some women's breasts get engorged almost immediately after conception (4 days or so). Mine didn't get engorged, but they did start to hurt a little, especially the nipples. I don't know about my temp but I do know that I am terribly hot in the middle of the night. Especially my lower legs and feet. If you don't normally start having pms symptoms so soon after ovulation there's a good chance you could be pregnant. Take a test when you expect your period. Actually there's one called First Response that you can take 3 days before you expect your period.

------------------
Molly H

Old 01-03-2002, 08:29 PM   #4

fingerscrossed HB User

Molly,
Thank you for your response. My temp has remained elevated (morning temp that is) since I ovulated and I have maintained a temp of 99.1 to 99.3 throughout day for the last 6 days which seems odd and I am especially hot and flushed at night. Also my breasts are very sore still, engorged and my nipples are darker. My nipples arent sore though, just enlarged.

How far along are you?
Thanks again for the response. I appreciate it.

Old 01-05-2002, 03:47 PM   #5
(female)

molly1 HB User

I'm about 51/2 weeks along, almost 6. You mentioned a darker color to your nipples and that is a sign of pregnancy for a lot of women. Also, the veins on your breasts will start to show a lot more, especially if you are fair skinned, like me. I'm anxious to hear if you are actually pregnant. Let us know! Good luck, and I hope I don't get your hopes up too high if you are not actually pregnant. There are other causes of these symptoms I'm sure, but it sounds like pregnancy to me. I just reread your post and thought of something. You said your breasts were engorged during ovulation? Is it possible you were already pregnant? How do you know if you were ovulating? Did you use those ovulation test sticks? I know those can have a false result if you are already pregnant. That's what I'm dealing with right now. I took those tests and finally one showed that I was ovulating. But my cycles are irregular in length, so I'm thinking I could have already been pregnant.

Old 01-05-2002, 04:31 PM   #6

fingerscrossed HB User

Molly,
I took a pregnancy test 2 days ago and it said negative. And yes I took one of the ovulation predictor tests and I also charted my basal temp. For the last 7 days I have noticed that my body temp in the morning is 98.6, 98.7 or sometimes a bit higher but never lower and I still have 99.1,.2, .3 at night. I hope I am pregnant too. Thanks for your responses, you have been very helpfula and Congrats on your pregnancy.
Fingerscrossed<p>[This message has been edited by fingerscrossed (edited 01-05-2002).]

Closed Thread