It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2002, 07:31 AM   #1
Inactive

hillarynotclinton HB User
having a good couple of days

Ive complained in the past here about having some bad depression during this pregnancy,and it has continued. It seems as if I will have a couple of good days, and then a couple of bad days. No outside factors are affecting my moods. It is like one day I will simply wake up tearful, irritated, guilt-ridden, and not wanting to do anything at all. I will literally cry all day. Then I will wake up the next day back to my old self. It is so wierd. It is like pms with a vengeance! Right now I feel like me. I dread the days when I dont. I didnt have this with my first pregnancy, but I have always suffered from pms. The worst part is that on my bad days, I hate to face anyone, including my family. If im home, I want to hole up all day in my room. If I am at work, I have this extreme aversion to making calls, facing the public. I will put things off until I can handle them, which sometimes leaves me playing catch-up. Im usually friendly, cheerful, and very productive. It kills me when I dont get anything done due to this, but its like I cant move. My strategy at the moment for dealing with this is to take advantage of the good days, and not anticipate the bad ones. But it kills me that I cant control it.

Old 02-26-2002, 10:57 PM   #2

Purrbaby HB User
Re: having a good couple of days

Ummm, I'm not sure how you feel about this but, I read an article about drugs such as Zoloft and the effects on fetuses. They say they have not found any link to birth defects and the drugs. I've never been fond of mood altering drugs...but after my son I really needed something for the stress. I have continued my Zoloft after I found out I was preg. under my docs supervision and it has helped me be less moody and irritable..but most of all sad! I don't know how you feel about these type of drugs but it is an option out there.

------------------
Smile, life doesn't last that long.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread