HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/pregnancy/)
-   -   Red nipples (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/pregnancy/793719-red-nipples.html)

fingerscrossed 02-06-2002 01:15 AM

Red nipples

Has anyone experienced red nipples while pregnant? Not the areola, but the nipple itself? I just noticed it and GOSH my boobs hurt so bad!!! It even hurts to walk!haha

Lori A 02-06-2002 05:10 AM

Re: Red nipples

Hello Fingerscrossed,
Mine are the same way. it feels like my chest is sore like a cold but I know it is the boobs. it happens on and off. my nipples look red at times. I am going to take the test on Tuesday at Planned Parenthood. when are you going to take the test?????

fingerscrossed 02-06-2002 01:02 PM

I am scheduled to start af on Sat the 9th and if Idont start and I dont feel like I am going to start, I will test then. Ya know, I looked at my temps and i dont see anything out of the ordinary, so I'm not very hopeful.
Take care and good luck testing!
Please let me know how yours turns out!

Lori A 02-06-2002 02:57 PM

Hi Fingerscrossed
I will keep my fingers crossed for you on Saturday. I am not sure how to check the temp. should it be higher if you are pregnant just like ovulation? I am scared to take the test because I don't want it to be too soon and then a let down. but I can't wait any longer. my hubby also said he doesn't want to get his hopes up. good luck. do you feel moody?

Purrbaby 02-06-2002 03:50 PM

Fingers I noticed you said that you would take the test if you felt like you weren't gonna start or hadn't started. Well, I noticed with my last preg and with this one that I felt kinda crampy like I was gonna start but never did. I could have swore at any minute I would start but I never did. So, don't put it off just b/c you feel crampy...if you think you might be and still have an irregular period take one. My friend had a period every month she has been preg so far...she found out 2 weeks ago she was 7 months preg. Her son might be brain dead and that is why she never felt him kick and he is only 1 1/2 lbs. But don't be afraid to take the test just to be sure...you don't want to risk anything!!

------------------
Smile, life doesn't last that long.

fingerscrossed 02-06-2002 04:05 PM

Lori,
I understand where you are coming from! The first couple of months, I was taking 2 hpt's a day the week of my period. I've now gotten into a mode where I am also afraid to test and I am not as anxious to go to the store and buy a test. Try to relax if you can and I wish you tons of good luck!!!!!!

Oh yeah, I feel abit moody...actually normally the week before my period and I am easily irritated, but I'm not this week. I do find myself though ready to cry at the drop of a hat, which is a little weird.

Keep me posted

[This message has been edited by fingerscrossed (edited 02-06-2002).]<p>[This message has been edited by fingerscrossed (edited 02-06-2002).]

fingerscrossed 02-06-2002 04:12 PM

Purrbaby,
you are absolutely right. :-( Sorry about your friend! If I miss Saturday, then I will test on Sunday. It's funny because my husband and I are going to the ProBowl here in Hawaii Saturday and normally we would tailgate and drink all day, but I told him that if I dont start my period before then, I'm not taking any chances and drinking that day, so hes happy because he is hoping for a designated driver...haha.

I'm feeling a bit crampy today and it hurts a bit if I push a bit in my lower abdomen. Normally though by now, my lower back is killing me, but not this month I guess. Take care and thanks for the advice!

Lori A 02-06-2002 06:46 PM

Hello again
Good luck ! Good luck! I hope you receive a positive result. I am also feeling crampy or tender on the right side. but geeeeez I dont' want to think this is in my head. I don't blame you for not drinking this weekend just in case. I have not had a drink since New Year's just to be safe. It is hard when my mother in-law is offering me a glass of wine all the time. we have not told anyone we are trying- just in case it takes too long. Please keep me posted when you find out.
(((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))
Lori

fingerscrossed 02-06-2002 08:42 PM

Lori,
My cramps have gotten sort of worse....ugh! I hate waiting! Yeah, I will be excited when I find out that I am pregnant, but I love, love wine and I will have to refrain during the pregnancy. My sister-in-law always wants me to go drinking and her theory is, "you can still drink during pregnancy...because she did and her kids are fine".....and I tell her..."I DONT THINK SO". She's nuts I think!Anyway, good luck and keep me posted!