It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2002, 01:36 PM   #1

babygirl55 HB User
Help me please

I think that i am pregnant. I took 6 HPTs all pos. But when i went to my doctor she gave me a urain test & it came out neg. could all six be faulse pos.?? Im going out of my mind trying to figure this out. i havent had my period in almost 4 months now. I have all "signs" of pregnancy. Breast tenderness, morning sickness, im tired all the time i cant move without feeling sick. Please help.

------------------
smile now cry later
Life is too short to waste time being mad, live life to its fullest.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2002, 02:14 PM   #2
Inactive

Shaelle HB User
Re: Help me please

Wow!

I did have this happen, but I was only about 10 or so weeks pregnant. I knew I was pregnant because I had already visited one doctor. But After I moved and I went to this new doctor for my first prenantal visit, they did a pregnancy test and it came out negative.

They had a vaginal transducer in the office so I got an ultrasound that very day. Sure enough, there was my little baby, and they dated the pregnancy 2 days off from my last menstrual period due date calculation.

Does your doctor have any follow up proceedure's planned? Did she schedule an ultra sound? Or try a blood test?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2002, 02:23 PM   #3

babygirl55 HB User

no she didnt i think im gonna get a new doctor. lol. I am very worried bout this. i donno wut to do.

------------------
smile now cry later

Old 03-15-2002, 02:59 PM   #4
Inactive

Shaelle HB User

So you're saying she wasn't concerned that you haven't had a period in 4 months? Or concerned that you had 6 positive pregnancy tests? You did see and OB/GYN, right?

Did she do a pelvic exam, and feel your uterus?

I'd get a 2nd opinion. Maybe she was in a hurry and/or having a bad day, or just a lousy physician.

Hmmm, if you really are pregnant, this could be a lawsuit? Not saying that you want to, just that if the neglect was there, then the doctor is liable for her actions.

I'd too see another doctor and get to the bottom of this, especially since she left you hanging not understanding why you haven't had a period for so long and why you came up with 6 positives.

Good Luck, and let us know what happens!

Old 03-15-2002, 05:28 PM   #5

babygirl55 HB User

Thanks now she didnt do any of that she jus had me do a **** test & when it cam out neg. she told me & walked out of the room & went into another room a nurse came in the room& told me the doctor as done & i could go. i asked to set up another appt. which wont be until march 29th. not far away now but this was like maybe 2 weeks ago. so if i am pregnant then there is alot of stuff that i should be getting but im not. Im making sure that im eating right & getting all the vitamins though i looked up all the vitamins that i need during pregnancy & i went & bought them so i know all that is covered i jus wish i knew wut was going on. i shouldbe about 14 to 16 weeks now.

------------------
smile now cry later

Old 03-16-2002, 07:55 AM   #6

Sweetie HB User

I think it is very likely you are pregnant. I've heard of false negatives on these tests but not false positives...especially 6 times. This dr. sounds like a quack. Personally I would not want that dr. for my pregnancy if he/she didn't have time to anser your questions or even give you the results himself. Anyway, please think about a 2nd opinion ASAP. Good luck.

Old 03-16-2002, 01:07 PM   #7

babygirl55 HB User

i kno that she doesnt know what she is doing. im looking for another doctor. but inorder for me to get health insurance i have to have a doctors note saying that im pregnant.

------------------
smile now cry later

Old 03-16-2002, 06:31 PM   #8

Purrbaby HB User

Actually I have heard of false positives..but the docs test had a false positive too. In the case that women had cancer or the test was defective b/c of something in their body. Not saying you have cancer..just saying there have been false positives. The doc should have looked at your cervix and felt your uterus..just to be sure. I mean one look could have told her your cervix was closed tight and rosy looking and would have been a huge sign that you are indeed preg. I don't know how everyone's doc works but if I call in with a positive preg. test the automatically skip the urine test and give me a blood test. I would defintely get a second opinion and speak up while you are in the doc's office not when you leave. You have the right to question the doc and the procedures.

------------------
Smile, life doesn't last that long.

Old 03-16-2002, 06:49 PM   #9

babygirl55 HB User

thank you for all your replies & i will keep you posted on wut happens.

------------------
smile now cry later

Closed Thread