It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2002, 05:59 PM   #1

Aerosmith22 HB User
Miscarried today, 10 weeks, this makes no sense.... =o[

Blood test and urine test shows no HCG, although yesterday there was a fetal heartbeat..we are almost 10 weeks so there should be a lot of hcg showing up on the tests...nothing...and we never passed any clots, did have some dark spotting a while back, nothing major, no cramps...We are assuming the fetus is still inside, dead..yet even to this hour..her pregnancy symtpoms continue to progress and progress....diziness, naseua, swollen tender breasts, bad sinuses, and frequent urination..the list goes on and on and on and on...but according to the doctor they are so positive that there is no HCG detected...
Amanda swears up and down she has to be pregnant..but a blood test doesn't lie I guess, I feel like she is too, maybe were in denial, but for her symptoms to be going like this.... we took a hpt abouta week ago and got a negative so obviously the hcg had stopped back then, why would they say yesterday they heard a fetal heartbeat??..why would her pregnancy symptoms continue??? I suppose if we went up there tonight there would be no fetal heartbeat now =o[ ..... and if the miscarriage happened back when she was spotting and bleeding heavy for a couple hours...like they said it did, wouldn't her ovulation or period of came back after 4 weeks later?

We concieved tihs one after a year and a half of trying

<p>[This message has been edited by Aerosmith22 (edited 01-17-2002).]

Old 01-17-2002, 07:32 PM   #2

bayleeshouse HB User
Re: Miscarried today, 10 weeks, this makes no sense.... =o[

Have they done an ultrasound? That would probably be able to answer some of your questions - they should do one if they suspect that the fetus has not been expelled yet. Maybe you should suggest this to your doc- if not for any reason other than to ease your mind and answer some questions. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-17-2002, 09:03 PM   #3

Aerosmith22 HB User

Yesterday the heard a heartbeat when listening...buit the urine test yesterday..and BLOOD TEST came back completely negative for HCG, she is 9.5 weeks... about 2 weeks ago we started getting negatives on our home pregnancy tests so the HCG disappeared then and is completely gone, yet her symptoms have progressed still to even tonight...she is still having the ususaly symptoms.... but they say she is no longer pregnant, no hcg=no pregnancy at 9.5 weeks..

she says she still feels pregnant and that it is progressing..but according to them and everyone else..that is not possible...

Old 01-18-2002, 11:26 AM   #4

Molly M HB User

I am so sorry if she did indeed lose the pregnancy. I had a non-viable pregnancy last year and I never actually miscarried. I was supposed to be 12 weeks and we found out the fetus stopped growing at about 9 weeks. I also had a positive urine pregnancy test at a few more weeks. I felt pregnant. So I understand how you must be sad and confused. I am wondering about some of your post. You heard a heartbeat after she bled? How long ago did she bleed? You definately need to get an ultrasound because that doesn't sound right. One of the true indicators of pregnancy is a fetal heartbeat. Good luck to you both.

------------------
Molly H.

Old 01-18-2002, 11:53 AM   #5

Aerosmith22 HB User

We heard the heartbeat the otherday, about 2 days ago..she spotted and had a light dark colored bleed that lasted on and off for about 48 hours about 3 or 4 weeks ago with no cramps and no odor.... and no clots or other substances past..it seemed like normal spotting according to the doctor..... 2 days ago she get a negative random urine test, was taken to a room, they heard a heartbeat, and then a negative urine test..both for hcg levels...

Old 01-18-2002, 01:50 PM   #6

Smile4uhun HB User

I am so sorry to hear of your news...Hope your ok..Sometimes words can't express...

Old 01-18-2002, 07:23 PM   #7

redd123 HB User

I am so sorry. It took me 4 years to get pregnant and then I lost it. I know how you are feeling. On the good side, I did get pregnant again several months later and had a healthy boy, then another one a couple years later. Sometimes things happen that we can't explain or understand. I know you are hurting and frustrated. Hang in there. Donna

Old 01-27-2002, 07:14 PM   #8

AngeliqueM HB User

I am sorry to hear that you guys are going through this, for a moment there I thought maybe they mixed up the samples at the doctors, but then that wouldn't explain the neg. HPC tests. But, I'm about 10 weeks and my hpc are sill saying negitive. If she did lose the baby, symptoms may persist up to about two weeks.
You guys are in my prayers
Angie

Old 01-30-2002, 02:36 PM   #9

AngelaMDarling HB User

Wait, you are not even 18 yet.......your girlfriend is 16. You have been trying since ages 16 and 14 and a half??????????!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-30-2002, 04:23 PM   #10

Molly M HB User

AngelaMdarling, who are you talking about?

Old 01-30-2002, 05:15 PM   #11

Starlet HB User

Angela who ?

Closed Thread