It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2002, 07:29 PM   #1

fingerscrossed HB User
Can you have your period and still be pregnant?

Hi everyone,
This ? is for my friend not for me. As you all know I will be ttc again next month :-). Anyway, my friend took a pregnancy test last month and it was positive and preggo symptoms and then she got 2 days of bleeding and cramps which she thought was her period and she still has the preggo symptoms (tired, engorged boobs, runny and bleeding nose which is unusual for her). Has anyone here had their period and found out they were pregnant before they got their period?

Old 01-12-2002, 10:19 PM   #2
Inactive

whitewolf95 HB User
Re: Can you have your period and still be pregnant?

Yes she could have what seems like a period and still be pregnant. SHe does need to go see her docto to make sure that she is indeed pregnant and to get checked up.
My SIL comes from a family of women that tend to have what looks like a period through out their pregnancies. Her own mother went about 6 months before she found out she was pregnant because she thought she was still getting her period.
There are cases of women going into labot and not knowing what was happening until they got to the hospital because they had their periods for the entire time.
I guess about three months ago I was watching Trama on TLC and there was a teen girl on there in labor wwhom the doctors werent even sure she was pregnatn because she had a flat stomach. They asked her if she was pregnant and she told them no,because she had her period. It was really weird to watch because they thought she was going to deliver a preemie but the baby was actually full term.
Anyway when it comes to pregnancies mother nature can throw some interesting curve balls that chunks all the rules out the window.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2002, 06:58 PM   #3

bitterglitter HB User

I don't understand how that could happen. Does it only happen to large people? I mean how could you carry a full term baby and not know?
I have a larger friend that just had a baby (soooo jealous) who didn't look very pregnant, but I can't help but think teh feelings would be overwhelming...

Old 01-15-2002, 08:35 PM   #4
Inactive

whitewolf95 HB User

No the girl wasnt large...thought I dont know what you mean by large since there are so many different opinions on that. Like most people consider women who wear a size 14 large. So what do you mean by large?
For the girl on the show I would have to guess that she was about average,not skin and bones but not overweight either.

Old 01-16-2002, 12:45 PM   #5

bitterglitter HB User

I don't know. My friend is a plus size (like a 20+ probably, but she carries all her weight on top,I', the exact opposite). I am just trying to understand how that would happen.

Old 01-16-2002, 12:47 PM   #6

Aerosmith22 HB User

wow, interesting wolf.... that must of beena suprise

runny nose is a symtom of pregnancy..my fiance has been having severe bouts with it (non-cold or flu related) on and off for the past couple of weeks...

Old 01-16-2002, 04:57 PM   #7

fingerscrossed HB User

Well, my friend isnt pregnant after all, but she did have an ovarian cyst.

Old 01-22-2002, 05:19 PM   #8
(female)

EbonyF HB User

I saw the same program that whitewolf saw, and yes, the girl was average size. And if I remember correctly, the baby was an average size/weight also.

Closed Thread